New guy from California

Solid94

So I have been on this forum a hand full of times and finally decided to join. I think the best direction I can say my truck is heading is an expedition style. I still have a lot of work to do to it

On to the truck. I have a 94 Chevy k1500. I am the third owner and it has changed a lot. I bought it SASd but have changed a lot of things so far. I'll try to dig up some old pics later. I had yanked the block and three leafs up front, dropped it down to 37s and it is currently sitting on a 14b ff rear and a hp dana 44 up front from a 78-79 f250

4amy5anu.jpg

dedysysy.jpg

una3a3y4.jpg

I am currently building a dana 60 for the front end and should be installed with in the next month

Last edited:

Heloflyboy

Adventurer
Looks good. Always nice to see newer body style IFS rigs with a solid front axle. Is that pic in Hollister?

kfgk14

Adventurer
Sick! Love the 90's Chevy's once you put an appropriate front end underneath :D
Did you mean that it had a front block?

Solid94

Looks good. Always nice to see newer body style IFS rigs with a solid front axle. Is that pic in Hollister?

Yes the pic is from Hollister. Soon to be a 60 up front. When I bought it the pack in the front had 10 leafs so I took it down to 7 leafs. And it had a 4" block in the rear. That is gone too

Solid94

So the 60 finally got installed this weekend. I still have a few accessories to transfer over but here are the pics I have from the swap

Picked up the 60 from WFO and tore it down
u4e8y7u2.jpg

ypu8ujyh.jpg

Then I started to prime and paint all the parts
aqu9yju8.jpg

y6e2yher.jpg

da2u5e7u.jpg
je3ygu5y.jpg

Solid94

Then cut off the old factory traction bar and stabilizer brackets and got the hubs cleaned up and new rotors installed
5unatuzu.jpg
ymusa5y9.jpg
jyzytujy.jpg

Then I waited for a box of misc. parts for the install along with gears from WFO and picked up a power loc locally
ybyzyzug.jpg
ege3u5ez.jpg

Then came the rebuilding of the 60 and the tear down of current 44 set up
py7ehyzy.jpg
5uzysaza.jpg

u4evu7un.jpg
y5u4apyd.jpg
tedydu4e.jpg

Last edited:

Solid94

Haha. It takes time and a lot of money to build a rig. Maybe I should look into a money printer lol

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Welcome to the site Solid! I can also see that your truck lives up to your name! That rig is SOLID:Wow1: Thanks for posting pics and if you need any info you will find lots of helpfull people here, Larry being one of them. I am looking forward to seeing more pics of your rig and maybe some cool shots of you wheeling that rig.....:)

Solid94

Thank you! Yes I am taking the 60 out on its maiden voyage soon. I'll get some pictures for you guys. Still have plenty of ideas to throw at her

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk