New guy here with Van questions!

Accrete

Explorer
... Just to be clear I am an AWD Van cheerleader and have drank the Kool-Aid...
Most open forest roads are patrolled by a stock 1/2 ton 4x4 Pickup on 265's,.. just sayin'.........
"drank the Kool-Aid"
HAHA! For sure.

"stock 1/2 ton"...
; ) I started rethinking our needs one Rubicon Run while navigating as my wife drove our FJ40 ChevOta...
when I saw a near stock vw bug up the trail.
Not sayin' it was a smart thing to do by the owner, but he sure did have a big grin on his face.

Thom

IPB

I am leaning on the fence here towards the AWD Chevy, but if it's not available in the long wheel base then it's not really an option. Especially with the weight issues I may run into with my build it looks like I need the heavier duty Ford platform.

Now to try to find a low mileage E350 with a 7.3.

I really appreciate all of the insight and experience here and look forward to moving forward with my building I find it!

I am leaning on the fence here towards the AWD Chevy, but if it's not available in the long wheel base then it's not really an option. Especially with the weight issues I may run into with my build it looks like I need the heavier duty Ford platform.

Now to try to find a low mileage E350 with a 7.3.

I really appreciate all of the insight and experience here and look forward to moving forward with my building I find it!

I went back and forth on vans for quite a while. Really wanted a Chevy AWD buy couldn't find one close or cheap. Then a 7.3 Ford but couldn't find one with low enough miles to feel comfortable. Then started looking for a V10 but stumbled across a nice, low mileage 5.4 E350 in my favorite color (forest green) and got it. Extremely happy with it. Like it so much I have only driven my fancy double cab Tacoma twice in the last several months as I get ready to sell it.

I think any of your options would make you make happy but if you have the money then a e350(any motor) with a U-Joint kit would be the best!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven