New Hemi Mopar Jeep Wrangler Apache | 2012 Easter Jeep Safari

teleturns

Adventurer
AND....give us a diesel option already. You already make them in the USA! Just sell them here too! I will give an ear-full for the guys at the Jeep booth like every year. They all tend to agree, and you get the feeling that they get the diesel question A LOT. Maybe they should bring some bean counters to EJS this year to answer questions!

:littlefriend: Please give them an ear-full for me too.....I would sell everything I own to buy a diesel powered JKU.

Balzer

Adventurer
Blah! all I ever see with these kind of things is bling bling bling. My problem is, even if they did offer some of the drive trains most of us want, they woulld undoubtably combine the drive train with EVERY option they could throw at it. It was irritating to me to go look at the 2012 wranglers and you basiclally get 2 choices off a dealers lot. 1) a plan jane, nothing, cheapest wrangler you can get OR 2) a fully loaded rubicon or sahara with all the options I want AND all the options I dont want.
-
All automotive companys need to go back to offering exactly what the customer wants. I mean in reallity even the rubicon package has more than what I personally would want with the 4:1 low range and the so called body protection. Then dealers always order a rubicon with leather, power windows door locks, heated seats, mirrors, and automatic ego boosters.....
-
I dont mean to rant but its frustrating that a guy has to beg for what a lot of people want.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Yes, you should be able to order JUST what you want!

Personally. I would love to order a base model sport with the 3.6, 5-spd auto, the stock 2.72:1 transfer case.....and then get the 4.10 geared 'rubicon' axles front and rear. I think that would be a FANTASTIC vehicle!

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Then dealers always order a rubicon with leather, power windows door locks, heated seats, mirrors, and automatic ego boosters.....

When I heard the 2012 Rubicon has power windows & door locks and the rest I was worried.

A post from someone here confirmed they ordered a 2012 Rubicon with less "features" than a bone-stock sport, and their dealer said it was the cheapest Rubicon he had ever heard of.

So you can still custom order a Rubicon how you want, which is good.

-Dan

Balzer

Adventurer
Yes you can ORDER a stripped down rubicon. But thats ordering and waiting. I asked the salesman who told me he could get anything I wanted through his network of dealerships. It was funny that he could not find a rubicon without power windows and locks, and very few without leather.
-
If I could afford it I would go order a new 2 door rubicon 6 speed in silver and the ONLY option I would want is the dual tops as a hard top is so much nicer in winter. The only other thing I would try to get is add on half doors. The salesman I was talking to just couldnt seam to get his head wrapped around the idea of having BOTH sets of doors LOL.

dugedug

It's hard to say, because practically everyone with a hemi has 35s or bigger and a lift and heavy bumpers.

My gut summation of the numbers says hemis are getting something like 15-17mpg (maybe as high as 19)
the 3.8 was probably something like 17-19 (maybe as high as 21)
the 3.6 is something like 19-21 (maybe as high as 23)

(those numbers are completely my gut feeling, I don't own any of them)

I have every finger I own crossed in the hope that the new CAFE standards will force Jeep to offer the Wrangler in a diesel, even if they don't particularly want to.
At 28mpg combined in the GC, the new 3.0 would be a massive improvement over the above numbers.

-Dan

I was only getting 15.6 MPG in stock form with my '12 JKUR, now i'm getting 14.8 (245.8mi and 16.588G) with a Gobi rack... stock. If jeep dropped a diesel JKUR tomorrow I would be at the dealer.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Yes you can ORDER a stripped down rubicon. But thats ordering and waiting.

When spending $35,000+ I'm not bothered if I have to wait a month or two to get precisely what I want, custom built to my specs.

The simple fact is not many people want "stripped" Rubicons or Jeep would have a certain number rolling off the line.
Supply and demand in terms of build options.

-Dan

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
When spending $35,000+ I'm not bothered if I have to wait a month or two to get precisely what I want, custom built to my specs.

The simple fact is not many people want "stripped" Rubicons or Jeep would have a certain number rolling off the line.
Supply and demand in terms of build options.

-Dan

I think the dealerships order the loaded Rubicons to get people in the 'impulse buy' category.....they go to the dealership, see one, and finance it. Why not have the fancy one to tack on some more money to that loan, payments, etc.....

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I think the dealerships order the loaded Rubicons to get people in the 'impulse buy' category.....they go to the dealership, see one, and finance it. Why not have the fancy one to tack on some more money to that loan, payments, etc.....

Sure, it makes perfect sense to "trick" people into consuming more than they really need. That's how our world works these days.

We are obviously not typical Jeep buyers, and so we need to have what we want custom built. I'm extremely happy they still allow for that

-Dan

Logans91XJ

Dirt Road Anthem
It really has nothing to do with the dealer per say it has to do with the Region Area Managers that read and study reports on what sells in that area. Plus if everyone ordered a custom built car it would take FOREVER.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
An interesting tidbit about the 2012 Hemi JK kit from Mopar.

I guess the kit is TOTALLY bolt in without any frame cutting or welding. The hemi will bolt to the 2012 auto so I guess they made a new motor mount package that just bolts right in. You can even bolt the old engine back in place when you sell the vehicle so the gossip goes. It is also designed, in one form or another, to use a factory air box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater