New Member, my dakota.

ADKdakota

Still need to finish the light mounts, I went to the concrete jungle (NYC) for the first time this past weekend and didnt get back until sunday night. God its good to be back in the middle of nowhere...

Anyway, I plan on boxing in the outside to hide the hardware and add a little more support, and leave the inside open so i have access with a socket to adjust the lights. I don't have much left on them, the wiring is now all run to the front bumper area and zip tied out of the way for now, so I just have to extend the horizontal mounting surface about an 1 1/2" to clear the grill when the hood is opened (Doh!) and get some paint on the brackets and plug in the lights. It's 16 F here right now, the progress I can make between class and work today is depending on how well the heater in my parents garage can keep up.

ADKdakota

Lights are finished and wired up, below is a few pics. They turned out okay, it'll be temporary until I build my steel bumper, they're a little unprotected for my liking but as long as I'm carefull they should survive. They're a pretty damn solid housing anyway, steel with pretty thick glass so I'm sure they can take a decent impact.

Had a Bio final this morning, so after two and a half hours of staring at paper I felt like heading into the woods. A friend of mine told me a few days ago about some trails so I went to check them out. Nothing too big of a deal, just some old trails behind an abandoned concrete company, not sure what they were used for or why they are there, but theres a network of them back there, most are too narrow for my truck and are definitely 4 wheeler trails branching off the main trails. Theres also a big *** sand pit and a huge swampy mess, and apparently people party back there because there are huge stone fire pits all over in the sand pit.

Mainly just wanted to update the status of my lights, but I figured I might as well do it without the truck just sitting in the driveway.

Anyway, heres some cheesey pictures I took with my phone.

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

Stock rear flex, shopping cart IFS flex..
IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

ADKdakota

Played in the snow with the truck a little early last week and stopped to do some x-country skiing with my dog. Just a few iphone pics, nothing special.

Hope everyone is having a good holiday season.

photo-2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-4.jpg

photo-5.jpg

photo-6.jpg

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I love that model dakota, I had a 1998 sport ext cab with v8. I ran 32x11.50s on stock wheels with a 2" lift. worked awesome, but no aftermarket ball joints at that time. So I was going through them frequently...now i think napa has gold series ball joints for them and you will be much better. In fact im looking for another without rust here now. hard to find!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat