New member with a pic of my truck

Landscapepro

Hello to all Expedition Portal members -
I have been viewing this site for quite a while and finally took a picture of my 1987 F350 to see if anyone had some suggestions or comments on it. It has taken me a year to get the truck to be a reliable daily driver. I put over a hundred miles on it five days a week for work. I eventually will be converting it from work to play but it takes time, as everyone here knows. Hope to post some updates on a custom rear bumper and other upgrades soon.

Attachments

• truck pics 001.jpg
    truck pics 001.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 649
what's the specs? if you ar estaying on trails that the big truck won't hinder you, i think that a crew cab 1- ton is one of the best plat forms fro an expo truck. i would prefer a chevy of the same year but the fords are so easy to find parts for and cheap to build. good luck and welcome.

tlbrewer

Observer
What engine, transmission, etc? I have two 91's (same generation). Both are diesel, 5sp, 4x4's. Great old trucks!

Tom

dsw4x4

Adventurer
Welcome landscapepro!
That truck will be a fine rig for wheeling. I take my full size extended body van on all the trails around colorado and rarely run into to a place I have to turn back due to size. Good luck with your build.
Derek

Landscapepro

The truck has a 460 ci from a 1979 Winniebago R.V. that was completely rebuilt before I got it. Carbureated also. Auto C-6 tranny that I just replaced for the second time. All u-joints on the long rear driveshaft replaced, battery, radiator, brakes, tires, wheels, new taillight wiring, all new all a real pain in the a**. Finally able to drive it without having to worry too much about it. Can't wait to do some fun stuff like a custom rear bumper. Still needs a lot of work. 4wd is not hooked up bad seals in my Dana 60 front diff. So little time..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk