New mod to Cactus Red!

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Decided to increase my mirror coverage for towing.

Got a mirror off a Toyota Camry and mounted to the right rear fender flare. It only took a second to get it into place. The visability didn't come out quite the way I wanted it to tho. In fact it really sucked...

Attachments

• 0615111721a.jpg
    0615111721a.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 0615111733.jpg
    0615111733.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 0615111734.jpg
    0615111734.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 0615111721.jpg
    0615111721.jpg
    468.8 KB · Views: 49

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
was heading home after work on Highway 89A. Kinda heavy traffic for our area, so I was out in the fast lane passing a Camry when she just decided to change lanes. Dunno how you miss a freakin Flame Red Dodge 3 feet away, but she did. I tried to avoid her, but obviously didn't.

She didn't pull over when I did, so I called 911 and followed her 10 miles into Prescott before the PD pulled her over. She denied hitting me - the officer said to me "This is a classic - her mirror is stuck in your truck, and she says she didn't hit you"

I was going 65 or there about. Never felt a thing - heard a pop over the stereo. Panned my mirror down and saw that sticking out. Didn't have a clue what it was until I stopped behind the officer.

corax

Explorer
I've heard of people using cameras in the wheel well to see what their tire is about to roll over, never thought about using a mirror . . .

mudbutt

Explorer
People are stupid.

I had an F350 crew cab, long bed, fire engine red, 6" lift w/37's......

Stopped at a 4 way intersection w/stop signs at every corner, 10 am sunny day. Waited for my turn and turned left through the intersection. Woman on the opposite side who was also stopped decided it was her turn while I was half way there.

Almost totaled her Chevy Blazer, destroyed the rear quarter and rear bumper of my truck.

Another time, middle of the day, dry out, on the freeway. Traffic came to an abrupt stop. I felt something akin to a hiccup in the motor. Looked in the rear view and saw steam. Got out to find a Honda Civic with about 7 people in it stuffed under my truck.

Bent the hitch cover on my truck in half. Peeled the hood on the Honda all the way back to the windshield.

Seriously how do you not see a truck like that when it's 10 feet away from you??

toddz69

Explorer
Thanks for the chuckle this morning, Mark. I think her sister almost did the same thing to my Super Duty on the way home from work yesterday with her Honda Accord.

Todd Z.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk