eny5a9em.jpg
2enany8y.jpg
utysyjub.jpg
ajyrevyz.jpg
penaqydu.jpg
ejavadud.jpg
u4utu8yz.jpg
3ureheze.jpg

Pretty excited, added a hitch as soon as I got home. Full service records and garage kept its whole life.

My buddy did a lot of research on these and almost bought one and says they are awesome.

Suggests removing side steps. OME medium rear springs, crank torsion bars, good shocks, and 32s (235/85/16s).

This is our do it all rig. My other car is an 04 GTO and my wife drives a 13 Beetle TDI. Previously owned a 00 WJ GC and 2 Suburbans.

Looking forward to reading some threads,

John

mitsuman

Welcome and congrats on your new ride!

I had a 2001 Sport for a long time. I had the OME medium springs and their shocks, best thing you can do for a Montero sport. Looks like you got a nice clean one with all the options and the hyrbid diff.

JordanM/S

Off Road Enthusiast
Sweet rid, wish I had leather seats...does your rig have that cool hybrid LSD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yessir.

Thanks.

Put a hitch on land did the wiring tonight. I think I'll be ordering Bilsteins for the front soon, already has them on the rear.

Drabadum

Your Mitsubishi has AWD instead of the Rear Wheel Drive mode, right? Here, in Europe we have only 4L-4H-2H transfer cases for these rigs.

Took a hwy trip this past weekend and netted 293 miles on 14.7 gallons of fuel. That seems too good to be true, just under 20 mpg.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
I easily pull that or a bit better on the highway as well. I've been looking at replacing my sport but the mpg vs cost vs capability make that a very tough choice and really just a waste of money for little gain. No lift easily clearing 32's (with stock 4.90 to turn them) and still getting 20+ mpg is hard to beat.

Added Airlifts to the back, removed the side steps, and put on some cross bars this past weekend. Also replaced the front shocks with Bilsteins, previously had the rears changed.

ONfNcUl.jpg

ap7vZzw.jpg

Really happy with how they ride. Firmed it up nicely, but still a nice smooth ride. The bags really keep the rear from squatting even with just 5-10 lbs in it. I loaded the truck up last weekend and put over 30 in the bags and it still rode nice.

567329519bf1512f5a09cc36258c44ec.jpg

Not really a heavy load, but without the bags it would have looked like I had cement in the back. I was getting flashed all the time when I had either people in the back or supplies as the headlights would tilt up.

I think the next step is to get rid of a little of the sway and replace those bushings and end links.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater