New must-have Dutch oven accessory?

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
On with Amazon chat now:

Me: Hi. Item shows not yet shipped but also says that it is due today. What is the truth? I ordered it 6 weeks ago.

Amazon: Hi my name is AR! One of the good agents here at Amazon! And I understand that you are confuse with those details, let me help you for this one. OK! :)

Me: thank you

Amazon: Ohhh, Thank you for that Bill! I've successfully pulled up your account, sorry for the wait, heheh! Checking now! :)
Hello Bill! I can confirm it to you that this item for the CampMaid Grill & Smoker (3 Piece)has not yet being shipped out because if you will go to our website, it is currently OUT OF STOCK! But no worries, when the item becomes available, we will shipped it out to you right away, once again it hasn't shipped out! :)
And the good news here is that you have not been charged for it because we are only charging our customer when the item has successfully shipped out! :)

Me: ....the shipping status was never updated.... My buddy got his the other day.
Charge doesn't matter; I was using a credit that I had on my account.
Can you find out when it will ship? Check with the supplier?

Amazon: Let me check it for you! :)

Me: http://campmaid.com/

Amazon: Bill, that link is actually under the different website Sir! And here at Amazon, as I can see it here that it will just be available in the next 2 weeks!

Me: Yes ---- they're the only ones that make them though... And have them in stock. I emailed them and asked them when you'd have stock to ship. I could have ordered directly from them, saved money, and had the product already....

Amazon: I understand my friend Bill, so I'll be cancelling this one you ordered here at Amazon and you'll just buy it with the different website??

Me: No ---- like I said, I have credits on Amazon. I just wish your updates were better.

Amazon: OK, not a problem, let me submit this one on our Ordering Department, so that you'll be notify when the item becomes available and when it ships out, OK, just give me a quick moment here!
Gotcha! I've successfully updated this one with our Ordering Department and on our Fulfillment Center so that you'll be notify!

Me: ummmm, okay. so, my account promised delivery today even though Amazon never had the item to ship. And Amazon doesn't know when it will have the item to ship. And that's it?

Amazon: Yes, you'll be notify! THat's great!

Me: Wow. ummm, thanks?

Amazon: You're always welcome a simple way to help you! Is there anything else?

Me: guess not.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Well, no love from Amazon. Should get my CampMaid gear in March.
Unless they delay it again...

I contacted CampMaid to see if they had any idea when Amazon would be able to fulfill the order. Unfortunately they don't have any control...
I could cancel the Amazon order and get the items right away from CampMaid ---- but I have a credit at Amazon and everything is essentially free. So I'm waiting.

But I forwarded this thread to the nice CSR at CampMaid and they like it. They wanted me to share they're monthly contest with everyone:
http://campmaid.com/pages/contests

So, get cooking and start winning.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I think you were talking to Alexa
You contact Amazon often enough to learn the names of the CSRs?
Pretty evident that English wasn't their first language, they don't ever say "sorry" (so not Canadian), and have no sense of irony.

I hate Amazon.

huachuca

Adventurer
Bill, before retiring I managed the customer support services for a software company. Hope you don't mind my forwarding a copy of your conversation transcript to my old staff - I think they'll enjoy it.

Chris, good to see you on the board and hope the family and Lucy are doing well. You guys need to come back south for a Portsmouth trip.

Back on topic, I reached out to the CampMaid folks asking about stock levels and got this reply. Don't think they'd have a problem with me sharing it.

Hi Al, Thank you for asking! We are filling all back-orders right now, so we will know our inventory in a day or so, if you want to check back with us. We are receiving a new shipment some time in the week of March 5-11, and filling all new orders the week of March 13th (if not sooner). All retail stores (such as Cabela's, Bass Pro, Sportsman's Warehouse, etc.), will also be receiving their shipment March 5-11. Please let us know if you need anything further. If you would like to call Ken Yocum, CEO of CampMaid, you may reach him at (801) 755-3172. Cheers!

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Bill, before retiring I managed the customer support services for a software company. Hope you don't mind my forwarding a copy of your conversation transcript to my old staff - I think they'll enjoy it....
Of course, sir.
It's pretty cool that Amazon has "chat" so I could immortalize it, word for word. Hope it helps their training.

BTW, when do I get to camp with you again? We're overdue.

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Hey Al, good to "see" you too. We've been talking about the need to come back and do a Portsmouth trip! Since we've relocated to Boston, it's a longer ride though!

Yippee, looks like my campmaid stuff should arrive today!

Bill, save the Amazon credit for something else and go direct!

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society

Bill, save the Amazon credit for something else and go direct!
If I had any pressing need for it I would. My next trip is to FL and won't be Dutching.
We've been busy with the SAR K9s on weekends lately and not camping.
I'm really looking forward to using it for the AAV Appalachian Rendezvous in October. I have something in mind that it will contribute to immensely.

huachuca

Adventurer
Bill, I'm rapidly learning a grand daughter takes as much time as a daughter........ and is even more expensive. I also got roped back into more 'part time consulting' with my old company than I really want to work. Not all that bad right now with the lousy weather but, if it ever warms up and drys out............... Hope to see you guys on the trail sometime soon.

Chris, if you get down this way, give us a heads up. I'll bet those girls are about grown by now.

Al

ab1985

Explorer
I had to reconfirm my order with Amazon earlier this week after they missed the ship date. Didn't realize there was a quicker option to go direct. I may cancel my order and go that route.

ab1985

Explorer
Mine showed up Monday. Looks fantastically well made, and I'm really excited to try it all out at the Desert Rendezvous this weekend.

Only bummer thus far: If you get the "whole kit" with charcoal holder, grill, and kickstand lifter, it won't all fit into a single dutch oven at the same time. (Unless there's a way to layer/pack everything that I'm missing.) This is a very minor quibble, and I don't see an immediately obvious solution to this. Fortunately, I have a couple of bags for older smaller grills, etc. that I can probably repurpose.

One other observation: I was curious if the spring-loaded handle/hook would be easy to remove, as I have some other ideas about "off-book" uses for the stand portion, and found that it is very easy to remove, without any tools. More to come.

Is it just the kickstand that doesn't fit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues