New Player in the Taco Shell competition...a new SoCal Pop Up Shell Manf!

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
This looks promising!
I just stumbled across these new guys the other night while idly surfing Craigslist:

1622149084515.png

1622149084351.png
1622149084515.png
1622149084610.png
1622149084706.png
https://ventura.craigslist.org/rvs/d/ventura-pop-top-camper-shell-toyota/7322313183.html

Pop Top Camper Shell Toyota Tacoma
Pop top truck campers available for Toyota Tacoma, long and short bed models.

We are a local business based out of Santa Barbara beginning production on our first units with availability as soon as 8-10 weeks. Sleek, durable, at ~200 lbs, they are fabricated out of aluminum sheet metal, custom designed specifically for the Tacoma bed.

Each unit includes:
Customized "ultra durable" powder coat finish
Fabric canopy color selection
6'8" standing room truck bed to ceiling
Side window options
Stainless steel hardware
High quality gaskets throughout
Standard front and rear fixed window
6'8" long sleeping platform (can be customized to suit your needs)
Installation and Install Kit (bed stiffeners, bed rail clamps)

Our goal is to provide our customers with a rugged, simple, pop top camper in a reasonable time frame. These units are fast to set up giving you more time to enjoy the great outdoors. Our aluminum model makes our campers easily outfitted with any accessory be it awnings, solar, fans, storage needs, etc.

Please contact us via email with your phone number and we will get in touch with you ASAP. We can set up a time to view in person or zoom.
Designed, fabricated, and assembled in Southern California.

camping, rooftop tent, pop top camper, truck camper, camper shell, overland, overlanding, off roading, 4x4

yosemitesoux

Will one of these mfg’s PLEASE figure out a design with doors rather than the tailgate. I know haitus campers has barn doors, it’s a good selling point for them.

sn_85

Observer
Will one of these mfg’s PLEASE figure out a design with doors rather than the tailgate. I know haitus campers has barn doors, it’s a good selling point for them.

Vagabond actually just came out with one that uses one of the tern overland doors. Looks like a great option and they said it's retrofittable.

Renazco

If they can build a minimalist drop in's like an Alu-Cab and pop up like the Atlas or Hiatus, you have a winner.
Most truck bed sides are not designed to support weight, especially in off-road/expedition type driving.
Besides the factory bed becomes useless, at least flatbed options allow you more volume.

justbecause

perpetually lost
If they can build a minimalist drop in's like an Alu-Cab and pop up like the Atlas or Hiatus, you have a winner.
Most truck bed sides are not designed to support weight, especially in off-road/expedition type driving.
Besides the factory bed becomes useless, at least flatbed options allow you more volume.

At one point I messaged AT about a flatbed atlast and they said it was something they were possibly looking at. I think something like a significantly less expensive 5010 camper would be awesome

I should have bought this when I had the chance https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/tacoma-aluminum-tray-and-canopy-sold.183964/

and just put a cheap chinese RTT on it and cut a hole in the bottom like road boss

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy