new tacoma and some questions

maxama10

Welcome to Nevadafornia
Good. I guess it's truck to truck then. :sunny:

I took my truck into get the TSB done and they just replaced it with a new 3 pack.

Called and they said theyd look into it, called back and nothing.
called back and they said they would get back to me that was about 2 months ago.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
maxama10 said:
I took my truck into get the TSB done and they just replaced it with a new 3 pack.

Called and they said theyd look into it, called back and nothing.
called back and they said they would get back to me that was about 2 months ago.

Thats strange.

Try contacting another dealer. It was a struggle for me to get mine done as well.

The TSB four leaf pack makes a big difference. (I have before and after pictures on my thread)

maxama10

Welcome to Nevadafornia
Yeah, I guess ill try a small dealership not as far as Reno.

Ill be sure to look at your thread thanks.

Yet again rovingowl, sorry to keep hijacking your thread. :wavey:

rovingowl

Observer
no prob.

did they use the correct (blue/yellow bilsteins) shocks when they replaced your springs? my tsb work was smooth.

maxama10

Welcome to Nevadafornia
I had a TRD O/R so I had the yellow blistein shocks already instead of the black standard ones. I don't believe they touched the shocks.

They just replaced my old 3 pack with a new 3 pack.

I guess the odd thing was that Reno Toyota said sure no problem we'll order the parts and call you; they seemed to have no problem at first. Got the new springs installed and they were wrong ones. Talked to em and they said they would look into it. Called em and said they were looking into it, but they ordered the parts on the TSB, so they would look into it more. Never called me back.

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
Overland Hadley said:
Has anybody here on Expo had problems with this?

I get some driveline vibrations at around 15 mph. Nothing bad enough for me to obsess about it, but enough to notice when I'm paying attention.

Jacket

cruiseroutfit said:
Not that I'm aware of... We've installed a handful of these lifts on 2nd gen Tacos, no vibrations that have been brought to my attention. I'm interested to know if they are installing the carrier bearing spacer (OME has a part for this). Also, how many miles on the trucks. Its not at all uncommon to get some vibs after a lift install on a higher mileage rig. Often, simply replacing the u-joints and having the shafts again balanced does the trick. My theory is that the u-joints "wear" at one phase angle all their lives and the newly introduced angle kicks out some vibration.

Interesting Kurt. Thanks for the insights. For me personally, I have a carrier bearing spacer installed, as well as 2.5* shims on the rear axle. I installed the shims when installed the lift (around 5k miles), and it's vibrated since day 1. I installed the carrier bearing spacer after a few thousand miles, and while it seemed to have an immediate positive impact, over time the vibrations pretty much returned to the way they were.

I've wondered about rebalancing the drive shafts - that might be something I try out when I can afford a little down time for the truck.

maxama10

Welcome to Nevadafornia
Jacket, I see you're running the Alcan AAL. I know over on toyotanation,some guy is running a set of dakars and he pulled his shims and got a whole lot less vibes/shudder(link in previous post). Could be something to try?

I guess as long as it doesn't bother you. :26_7_2:

Good looking truck btw.
-Max

ssmathis

Observer
I'm running the full OME setup on my 07, 886s up front and Dakars out back, and I have had zero vibrations since last summer. I do have a 6 speed though.

Scott

Jacket said:
Interesting Kurt. Thanks for the insights. For me personally, I have a carrier bearing spacer installed, as well as 2.5* shims on the rear axle. I installed the shims when installed the lift (around 5k miles), and it's vibrated since day 1. I installed the carrier bearing spacer after a few thousand miles, and while it seemed to have an immediate positive impact, over time the vibrations pretty much returned to the way they were.

I've wondered about rebalancing the drive shafts - that might be something I try out when I can afford a little down time for the truck.

I am really curious as too why some people get them and others do not.

Jacket

I'll get around to trying it without the shims at some point. But from what I've seen, lots of people have tried just about every combination of CB spacer, rear axle shims, front diff drops, overload spring removal, and single drive shaft. There are even some guys out there that get driveline vibs on stock height trucks. Some have been able to defeat the vibes, where as others (like me) have not.

I guess I've just decided to let this one go, and be neurotic about something else for the time being.....
:elkgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy