New to campers and surprised by the high prices. How come a camper is half the cost of a car?

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I totally get it, more than half of the switzerland population does not own a house, they live in complete humiliation, third world country

Some **************** in US inoculated the idea that every person must own a house and "the american dream" includes this and many others
If you don't you are considered low life or whatever

In Europe especially in major cities the norm seems to be on the opposite side and they don't feel so humiliated and undignified
I say let's stop here because for someone who knows what things cost you are missing lots of things from the picture and connecting a freaking insulated box where you can live and eat with the human dignity is hilarious

I think that, to put things in perspective, if they say that it costs 60K at minimum to build a one room appartment and 40K for a camper we have lost our compass.
Yes it is a luxury industry, some can afford it
There is RVs and truck size overland vehicles costing 200K -500K-1mil.
Who the heck buys that ? It beats me but hey they are there ...someone must buy them as they buy these: https://www.google.com/search?q=gold+ferrary
Florida thought they had affordable housing figured out till just recently. Seems its a bad idea to ignore poorly built and poorly maintained multi story cheap housing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater