New to me 2003 Excursion

BnBRacing

very true. I'm leaving factory gearing. I had my wife's pathfinder on a car hauler and it hauled it perfectly fine. gonna try some heavier loads at some point. I'd rather better fuel mileage personally.

BnBRacing

Well, the roof rack and tire carrier money got put to other use... I was headed from Baton Rouge to Mississippi for a weekend with dual sport friends for some camping & shooting when I busted a radiator. I was cruising in the excursion and saw a 2x4 in the road, but I thought "I'm in a big excursion, I don't need to dodge a little ol 2x4!". Well, the front tire kicked it up and I heard a loud bang. About half a mile later, I noticed that my ECT went from 195ish to 230 or so!! Killed it and pulled into a country store. Busted seam on the plastic to aluminum crimp on the radiator. Once I changed that, I found that the one month old NAPA water pump was pouring coolant now for some reason. I swapped in a factory motorcraft one, and when flushing everything with Restore flushing agent, I found that my degas bottle had also sprung a leak and was spraying coolant onto the motor!

After a lot of parts runs, and too much money, the only thing left in the coolant system that I didn't change last weekend is the oil cooler. Hopefully I'll be able to recuperate some funds and be able to get back to getting this thing setup how I want!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333