New to us, FWC Grandby

ExpoMike

The Nova Kool fridge has been working great! We got the DC only model of the R2600 ( http://novakool.com/products/single_doors/r1900_2600.htm ). I actually used their dealer finder and found a local boat dealer for them. Had them order one for me. I "think" I paid around $400. The DC only version was about $140 cheaper than adding the AC system. Since I basically only run on DC (even if I am hooked to AC, the onboard converter will run the DC stuff fine). At this point, I would not hesitate to buy another.

ExpoMike

How well do the FWCs do in cold/wet/windy weather?

Others can comment on the wet part (though I read they work well but I don't typically camp in the rain) but for cold and windy, it has been working great. Cold, no problem, I just run the heater. Windy, hardly anything to complain about. Coming from a clamshell type camp trailer, (basically a canvas tent) which wind cause some much fabric flap and noise, the FWC is almost silent. Our dog who used to freak out with the wind in the trailer, sleeps all night in the FWC. We have had it in 40+ MPH winds with no issues.

SLO_F-250

Explorer
The Nova Kool fridge has been working great! We got the DC only model of the R2600 ( http://novakool.com/products/single_doors/r1900_2600.htm ). I actually used their dealer finder and found a local boat dealer for them. Had them order one for me. I "think" I paid around $400. The DC only version was about $140 cheaper than adding the AC system. Since I basically only run on DC (even if I am hooked to AC, the onboard converter will run the DC stuff fine). At this point, I would not hesitate to buy another.

Thanks for the input Mike! If I can find one for around $400 Im in. Thats a good price! :sombrero:

ExpoMike

New Steps

So recently I have been working on a new project that I have been thinking about for a long time. I wanted to have a set of steps that were attached to the truck and not rely on a small step stool on the ground. I just never got the details worked out until I saw a similar idea for a trailer hitch. That put my thoughts in motion and I came up with this step system. Not quite done yet but have enough to post up some build pics.

I started with some receiver tubing (2" and 2.5")
PICT6526.jpg

After some trial fitting, I figured out the angle I needed
PICT6527.jpg

Starting the mockup of steps
PICT6528.jpg

PICT6529.jpg

After some shaping of the steps, for looks and to keep from banging your leg into a corner
PICT6531.jpg

Topping the sliding post, so it cannot fall out. I will have a hitch pin to hold it in location (up or down)
PICT6532.jpg

PICT6533.jpg

I still need to drill the hitch pin holes, add the anti-slip tape and paint everything. I tested this out and they are perfect for getting into the camper. Will post more once finished.

outsidecurtisp

Observer
Mike, your set-up looks great. Would you mind taking a shot of the rear with the camper on and the Tire-Gate closed? Just curious how it all looks traveling down the road.

Jb1rd

Explorer
That looks like a sweet setup as if someone could walk into a store and buy one :sombrero: (wink wink nudge nudge)

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I had the stationary two step,2" receiver plug in model for awhile but it was bulky and a leg destroyer. Your design came out great. Huge improvement over the step stools you FWC guys use. Patent pending?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach