New Trailer build

stonehenge

Observer
I finally got my side boxes from the laser shop and got them installed. I wound up selling my last trailer with my Jeep and I didnt realize how much i missed/used it until it was gone.

My new build is less cargo and more overland use including a safe way to transport my guns and equipment. I started with a 6 foot long basic trailer and added the TruckVault as a floor. The TV is watertight and Line-X'd to withstand the elements. Its starting to come together nicely and i have a really cool idea for a lid.

950722630_zGDwS-XL.jpg

950723185_eR2Bw-XL.jpg

950722997_rynVk-XL.jpg

950723695_kT8we-XL.jpg

950723978_8y3Y9-XL.jpg

Mtn Mike

Observer
Like it

Please keep the thread updated with your build! This is very similar to what I'm planning and being a metal working newbie, I need all the inspiration and advice I can get :bike_rider:

How much do you think it will wiegh?

socaljeeper

Adventurer
I like the truck vault idea too, should make storing things more organized. Are you planning on upgrading the leaf springs? They seem a little short. How about shocks, are you adding any? Looking forward to seeing the progress on this one.

stonehenge

Observer
Another piece of the puzzle.

I'm working on fenders next.

953834961_BTK34-XL.jpg

953834810_SccXG-XL.jpg

953834347_bFQEn-XL.jpg

953834217_pNv3N-XL.jpg

I placed a bottle of anti-freeze inside the lock-box so you can get an idea of how big it is.
953834076_6Y8pK-XL.jpg

stonehenge

Observer
I like the truck vault idea too, should make storing things more organized. Are you planning on upgrading the leaf springs? They seem a little short. How about shocks, are you adding any? Looking forward to seeing the progress on this one.

I'm going to leave the springs alone for the time being ( i had these springs in my last trailer and never had any issues), I will be adding shocks once i tear it all apart for final welding.

stonehenge

Observer
here are few more pics.

I had to use it to deliver and pick up some parts in Phoenix so i slapped some tail lights on it, whipped up some fenders and did a turn and burn. still have too much to do!

968916769_GAGxg-XL.jpg

968916926_eYwiv-XL.jpg

968917022_yVLYh-XL.jpg

968917295_NAje5-XL.jpg

traveler57

Observer
Great looking trailer.

Just wondering if you would tell us the cost of the custom side boxes. They look extremely well made. I have been pricing out steel and aluminum delta-type boxes for my build and the going price seems to around $400-500 for 48 x 12 x 16. I will end up ask the metal shop where I am building the frame to give me a price for boxes, but it would be nice to have a comparison price. I am also looking for used, but they are tough to find, unless I just fall into them somewhere.

Is there another reason you went with custom boxes over commercial ones?

thanks.

i used delta pro boxes on my trailer (my 12x14x36 were $246 each)
and though the boxes are great dealing with delta was a nightmare.
took them three tries and more than 3 months to get the order right....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven