Newbie, First Post -- Government Auction, Thoughts on Applicability

MBDSLPWR

All,

I'm wondering how well these boxes would work out in an expeditionary capacity. They're full-on military items, really solid. No questions on whether they'd withstand the abuse, but what about the dimensions, weight, utility, etc.

Pricing looks to be about $10/per. They're new. Aluminum, 30"x18"x20," roughly 25lb ea.

Best application on an expedition? Or disregard them?

MBDSLPWR

Attachments

• GovStorage.jpg
    GovStorage.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 30

TRegasaurus

Adventurer
At $10/per who cares, you can use them somewhere such as garage storage or what not.
They are a bit heavy though and the size makes them a bit bulky, but they will take abuse like no other I'm sure.
In my opinion I'd get some. If they don't work out on the road, I could use them to store items in my garage.

MBDSLPWR

Minimum "Order" ...

It's a government auction item, so they're not priced individually. There are 18 in a lot. Minimum bid is $150. I rounded up to $10. They've been put up a couple times; don't believe many people have shown interest, so they'll probably go for opening bid.

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
I had a couple once (they're still with my ex-wife, full of hurricane ready emergency equipment). They are pretty good but the latches can be a bit of a pain to work sometimes.

kjp1969

Explorer
I wouldn't want to pay to ship them, but I'd take a couple for $10/per. Buy the lot and piece them out!

greasyfingers

I had a couple once (they're still with my ex-wife, full of hurricane ready emergency equipment). They are pretty good but the latches can be a bit of a pain to work sometimes.

:iagree: I have a couple of them for bug out boxes and one is an emergency kit I through in the bed any time I leave town. They are bomb proof abut the latches are a pain. but hey they are water proof! I wish I had a bunch of them.

jeepj667

Observer
I've bid on multiple lots of these containers in the 30x11x19 size. Lots of 16 to 24. All auctions have went over $600.00. Good luck on getting a lot for $150.00.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven