Newest addition to the family

Tat

Observer
Well, after having seen so many neat Off Road trailers you guys and gals have on this site. I knew it was just a matter of time before I finally gave in.

Should come in real handy for camping and doing some the smaller shows we do as well.

Work in progress, as always. Ideas welcome.

X Bantam trailer I think. What’s a little different about this is the bed size. It has a 7' long bed. A foot longer than most others. Same width and height. I'm wondering if it was a civilian version. Any ideas?

Future additions to include:

A landing leg/jack. Might need a custom one. ??
Permanent spare tire mount.

R.T.T.
Fridge.
Battery(s).
Solar.

But needs to be able to be removed easliy, should we need it for hauling inventory, displays, etc.

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

dirty Bakers

Conservative
That is a realy nice trailer. I love the jerry can "sheild". Did they cut out the top angle to accomidate the cans. What do you use for a jerry can spout?

I need to post the trailer I bought.

Tat

Observer
Yes, the trailer bed (top rails) has the cut outs. As far as fuel spouts it has the Child proof ones that came with the cans. Ditch that set up.

I just happen to know where a few new 20 liter pre ban cans are. :victory:

I'll get some of Adventure Trailer can holders and remake the mounts. Right now it's bolted (x 4) thru the wall. No bottom support mounts yet.

The Ammo boxes have real thick mount under them as well as bolted to the side walls.

dirty Bakers

Conservative
AH yes the ammo boxes. I really like where they put those. I guess I need to get me some. What type of hitch are you sporting?

Tat

Observer
Pintle style. I was pretty happy with how it tracked, etc. I'll need to take it off road for real test and see what I can live with. It's not as bad as recall from my military days. Or may be back then I just drove like the wild kid that I was.

I'm thinking of adding brakes and modifying the axle for more ground clearance. Should I not need the room below the deck for anything.

The ammo boxes are also the mounts for the submersible leds lights as well.

Then inside of the right hand box, I'm putty another lockable box for the registration paper work.

Tat

Observer
The ammo boxes are sealed with gaskets. The led light units have 2 studs each that mount thru the back side of the ammo boxes. On those I used a clear silicone (bath /shower stuff) to seal. The light units are sealed as well.

The trailer wiring (90%) is housed inside a steel tube to keep in tact. Then sealed again, and taped with self sealing mil spec tape.

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
X Bantam trailer I think. What’s a little different about this is the bed size. It has a 7' long bed. A foot longer than most others. Same width and height. I'm wondering if it was a civilian version. Any ideas?

I don't believe there was a 7' variant of the M series trailer. Could be an oddball but I don't think so. More likely is that, given as much other "fab" work has been applied to this trailer, that it was stretched.?. Check the inside of the bed, the frame, etc...to see if there is an area where this may have been done. Can we get some pics of the back and without the tonneu cover please?:)

Tat

Observer
I've looked and didn't see any extentions, etc,. The fab work was a recent addition. The trailer was bought from a local military surplus yard locally. I'm sure its over 50 years old. It was stripped down to bare metal for inspection, repairs, and improvements. Only 8 coats of paint on it.

IMG_2767.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner