Nissan Patrol Y61 buildup

jpvm

Explorer
Some shots of "on field" use of all my latests upgrades ... they survived !! :sombrero:

img8139v.jpg

img7839t.jpg

img8238u.jpg

img8032h.jpg

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
here is one crossing the simson desert

simpsonflinders2009part1038.jpg

HEY, I've been on that exact track I think!!!!

JVPM, awesome pics and truck mate. I'd love to see what come of your travels to Patagonia. That is a trip I too want to make myself. I've done Australia and frankly... I want to move back permenantly. South America is also high on the list too.

BTW: what river is that you're running in the Kayacking picture??? I'm a paddler (mostly a rafter myself) too and that looks like a GREAT river. I've run the Pacquare in Costa Rica and a few others and BOY is it nice to get tino some WARM water for a change eh. the NW isn't too hospitable when you have to swim eh ;) It reminded me of Surfing in Aus. I didn't want to get out of the water HAHAHAHA...

Cheers

Dave

jpvm

Explorer
Hey Dave, Southamerica and especially Chile has a LOT to offer, and without any critter land or water, so it is a camper's or land traveler's heaven !!

Patagonia and Northern Chile are wonderful scenarios that will fill your memories for a long time.

That river is the Futauefu River, one the 5 best in the world with many class 5 sections:

http://www.futaleufu.cl/

http://www.earthriver.com/desktop.php

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Nice, thanks ofr hte links mate. I've been dreaming of Patagonia and Chile for quite awhile now, this is making me want to go even more eh ;) Rafting AND great 4wheeling... sounds like a winner to me!!!!

BTW: GO WITH A STIHL!!!! Here in the NW, Chainsaws are kind of a way of life and I personaly won't run anything BUT a Stihl... They truly are the BEST saws available. I've got several and my favorite for all around work is the MS 290 "Farm Boss" it's a great saw.

Cheers

DAve

jpvm

Explorer
testing the awning for this new season (yes summer is coming rapidly down here !) -.. and also bought new pront brake pads (OEM) that I discovered are made by Akebono, quite nice.

Attachments

• DSC_0146.jpg
    DSC_0146.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 32
  • DSC_0222.jpg
    DSC_0222.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 22

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
You know what would be sweet in this truck....

PTO driven hydraulics. Use a factory Nissan PTO box to a high flow, high pressure PTO pump. Use that to run winch and things like your chain saw. Could also be used to run a hydraulic jack and a variety of other tools. ;)

I have always wanted to do this in a Patrol. You could run front and rear winches off the same PTO/pump. It would be like a mini-Unimog set up or like a few Rovers I have seen. And PTO driven hydraulics run winches 10x better then the normal engine driven pump way.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Oh hey and in case you didn't know.... a picture your truck on the ferry is being used on ebay to sell snorkels. ;)

jpvm

Explorer
I told my lawyer to work on the copyright issues of my pictures !!!! :bike_rider::bike_rider:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater