Nissan Patrol

w_baker76

Today I was going by a shop and saw a Nissan Patrol sitting out front. This is the first one I have ever seen. Can anyone tell me a little about them? Are parts easy to find?

haven

Expedition Leader
read the basics here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Patrol

The Nissan Patrol was sold in USA for a few years in the 1960s. Later models were imported by individuals who were willing to pay to have the truck modified to meet the applicable safety and emissions standards. So you can find a few examples on American roads.

The number of Patrol enthusiasts in USA is much smaller than the community supporting, say, Land Rover Defender or Mercedes Gelandewagen, two similar vehicles that were not officially sold in USA for many years. So you'll have greater difficulty with parts and service.

jpvm

Explorer
Yes , they are cool rigs :wings: ... and believe it or not , there is aftermarket for them in the US, I have bought for my Y61 Patrol almost all imported from ARB USA (they distribute from there to the Americas).-

img8114t.jpg

Abitibi

Explorer
Did you see this Patrol in the States? There's quite a few here in Canada and they are amazing trucks. I know 'cause I own one here in Vancouver BC. Mine even runs on veggie oil... Check it out!

Cheers,
Mr. D

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
always loved mine

spare parts - what spare parts- never needed anything other than routine maintenance !

mm lets see first one was a 2.7TD aswome motor- second white 2 door medium length 4.2 diesel beast of an engine no pic of that one.

lastly in the middle east the LWB Petrol drinking guzzler

Broken parts - zero

I would have one here only I have to sell the wife on weekends !

Nisanpatrol27TD001-1.jpg

slip9.jpg

DSC_3374.jpg

DSC_3530.jpg

Last edited:

jpvm

Explorer
Absolutely agree, Patrols do not need spare parts, nothing gets broken ... just air filters, oil changes / oil filter, just routine maintenance ... the only spare part I've needed in 11 years is a clutch plate (mine is manual tranny equipped, 4.5 liter gasoline, TB45E).

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
One of mine....an 83 from Germany with the SD33 diesel. Well, it has broken down on the trail a bunch of times. Everytime it was air in the fuel system since I have been working on that. So I just pump the hand primer on the injection pump and back on the trail!

Oh, the 24v alternator went down a few years ago so I replaced it with a new one. The stock alt lasted 330,000ks! Clutch slave also failed at 330,000ks.

Otherwise I have had no problems with a 28yr old Patrol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven