Nissan Photos - post your's

Quest4ADV

Adventurer
New guy here.

Thought I would share my old school pic. My 84 Nissan 4x4. This was shortly before my buddy and I took off for a month long trip from NC to Mexico. Notice the snow on the ground but we were in shorts. He thought it would be funny. It made the local small town paper that week we left.

Russ_Jeff_Mexico.jpg

Quest4ADV

Adventurer
1984 wow do you still have it?
Great littler "Go getter" if you don't I bet you wish you did ;)

Nope, I wish I still had it. I beat the hell out of for a few years then traded it for an 84 Vanagon. Yeah, Yeah, I know, I wish I had them both now :)

What I really wish is that I had some of the pics we took while on the trail. My buddy was/is a pro photographer and got some great shots of that little rig in some wild places. I'm guessing they're all gone now :(

mastersryan

Adventurer
photo1_zps8e7cdc4c.jpg

My Nissan PATROL Y61 - the BLACK BUG

Hello fellow travelers :)

This is my first post on this forum. I'm a long time reader of this forum. I though it was time to contribute.
But let me first tell you a few words about me: I'm Nicolas (NICO), living in Switzerland in the middle of western Europe (country of watches, banks, army knives and chocolate, not to be mistaken with the one which produce cheap furnitures and blonde girls ;-) ). I'm the founder and manager of "GEKO 4x4" and "GEKO expedition". We are organizing and leading off-road expeditions in some nice places around the world since 2002.

To replace one of our organization vehicle, I choosed this Nissan PATROL Y61 LWB with the little but strong 3.0 CRD (common rail). I bought it used last year with 40'000 kms at the clock, as the Patrols are no more distributed in western Europe since 2009, due to emission regulations. As we have build up a lot of them for customers, I know them quite well... This was a natural choice to replace the Toyota HDJ-80 from 1993. They're nearly identical. The Patrol has stronger drivetrain, transmission and axles, it is more comfortable than the HDJ-80 (due to interior design and space mainly). The 3.0 CRD engine is not as brilliant as the 1HD-T, but is definitively a lot better than the older 3.0 DI. With a good preparation, this engine provide me now a lot of pleasure behind the wheel, and should (cross-fingers) be very reliable.

The list of mods is quite long... So let's have a look at some photos ;-)

All the best guys !
NICO
GEKO

_NIK1196 comp.jpg_NIK1211-1200.jpg_NIK0834-1200.jpg_NIK0531-1200.jpg_NIK0958-1200.jpg_NIK1032-1200.jpg_NIK0966 cross-axle-1200.jpg_NIK1049-1200.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Ryan and Ronap
Thanks for the comments.
If you look carrefully, there is one blonde on the camp shot (beside my bear haha)... maybe not the kind you're after ;) An Ikea girl wouldn't hurt on the pics... but not sure 5" heels will make it :)
Nico

bushnut

Adventurer
thats a lot of cool mods... If you did some stuff for the R50 there would be lots of takers (at least in N.America)

RonapRhys

Adventurer
Actually, I did see that. But you're right, and Ikea girl (or the bikini team girls) would always be welcome.

To be honest, though - you've got a set up like what I'm going after. One of my next purchases should be the roof top tent. Then I get to re-do my storage area in the back to make it more user-friendly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater