NJStar Explore owners

Runmorun

Finally back home. 2200 miles over 3 states. 9 nights and 10 days in the trailer from the mountains of northern Washington to the oregon coast and everything in between. No other issues over the course of the voyage other than the water leak and freezer which is already on the way.

Averaged 15mpg over the course with speeds of 55 average for the trip. Great time and can definitely say the trailer is solid after the torture test we just put it through.

Runmorun

Pulled off the cushion covers for a wash after the trip. Pleased to see the foam inside was wrapped in a separate zippered cover. Opened the cover to find white memory foam as promised. Trip through the wash on delicate and air dry, clean with no shrinkage.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Pulled off the cushion covers for a wash after the trip. Pleased to see the foam inside was wrapped in a separate zippered cover. Opened the cover to find white memory foam as promised. Trip through the wash on delicate and air dry, clean with no shrinkage.

That scared me I thought you were going to say you found some fentanyl in the cushions. Just kidding.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

On a serious level it really looks like Njstar is a solid company and backing thier trailers. To get a whole trailer for the cost of what others charge for thier lithium, solar and electronics is really amazing!

Runmorun

Forgot to mention I installed a D035 Cruisemaster hitch prior to the trip. Best upgrade to the trailer yet. Was a dream over speed bumps in parking lots and the rough track we climbed up and down from our site in Gifford.

I would recommend making the change if you have a standard ball hitch. Purchased mine through Teton X who provided fast service and very reasonable pricing.

chuckburt28

I noticed these some time ago and was skeptical enough to not give them a second look. Thanks to this thread I am considering them a bit more seriously now. I feel like they sort of occupy the same space as Conqueror, Crawler and Hunter Nature in Turkey, and now Bush Lapa. I wish the Turkish manufacturers would come to the U.S., I would really love to see these in person and I feel like the market in the US is quickly matching the rest of the world for off road trailers. Are these NJ Stars all metal besides the interior accent wood. I wonder if they'd consider a totally no wood model? the fridge does seem small, has it worked for you?

Runmorun

I noticed these some time ago and was skeptical enough to not give them a second look. Thanks to this thread I am considering them a bit more seriously now. I feel like they sort of occupy the same space as Conqueror, Crawler and Hunter Nature in Turkey, and now Bush Lapa. I wish the Turkish manufacturers would come to the U.S., I would really love to see these in person and I feel like the market in the US is quickly matching the rest of the world for off road trailers. Are these NJ Stars all metal besides the interior accent wood. I wonder if they'd consider a totally no wood model? the fridge does seem small, has it worked for you?

The interior wood is high quality. Solid wood trim and solid teak planks for floors with engineered edges to interlock. They used mdf for the table and door to the shower, but it is well sealed on all side. If you want all metal I am sure they can do it custom.

We have been very happy with the freezer we got, it will easily hold 2 wweks of protein for 2 people. We also use an electric cooler for things like drinks and perishable foods as well as defrosting from the freezer.

I can say we gave been very happy and feel we have definitely received well over the value paid for the product.

Runmorun

I realized I didn't address the metal question. Yes, it is a steel frame, aluminum panels and the floor is stainless steel with plastic insulation panels and wood over that

Runmorun

New awning from OVS en route. Really great customer service. Ordered a 720 but had clearance issues once we lifted it up. Returned for a 180 and a partial refund. Very excited for the install. Will update on build quality after install.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl