No Longer Available: Nimbl/XP Camper on a 2013 Ram 3500 Cummins

gdaut

gdaut,
Silly question: Have you ever checked your fuel mileage?
Bill
Not a silly question at all. I fairly routinely monitor fuel consumption. In general it gets around 14 mpg; I have had as high as 16, and 15 is not uncommon when driving on the Interstate or straight and not mountainous state highways. This is at speeds of 65 mph or so. The truck will go a lot faster, but just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I do not think we have never had a tank of fuel where it was mostly in town stop-and-go driving, but I am pretty sure fuel consumption in that situation would increase quite a bit. Driving twisty back- and dirt roads does not appear to hurt fuel economy much; you are doing more braking and accelerating, but also going slower overall. Creeping along in 4Lo must also use more fuel, as the rpms are high even though the speed is really slow, but I have never done a tank's worth of that at one time.

E

eugarps

Thank you for your thorough response.
All the best with your sale. The XPCamper/Nimbl has long been a favorite of mine.

Bill

Decanter

Adventurer
Not a silly question at all. I fairly routinely monitor fuel consumption. In general it gets around 14 mpg; I have had as high as 16, and 15 is not uncommon when driving on the Interstate or straight and not mountainous state highways. This is at speeds of 65 mph or so. The truck will go a lot faster, but just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I do not think we have never had a tank of fuel where it was mostly in town stop-and-go driving, but I am pretty sure fuel consumption in that situation would increase quite a bit. Driving twisty back- and dirt roads does not appear to hurt fuel economy much; you are doing more braking and accelerating, but also going slower overall. Creeping along in 4Lo must also use more fuel, as the rpms are high even though the speed is really slow, but I have never done a tank's worth of that at one time.
I average around 15MPG in mine on a 2007 Dodge 6.7. My ECM is adjusted for tire size and speedo is dead on. GLWS.

Attachments

• IMG_8829.png
    IMG_8829.png
    421.1 KB · Views: 45

Skibumandy

Very interested and located in CO. Sending you a message with my phone number, would love to have a chat in the near future.

jshensley52

Nimbl/XP Camper and 2013 Ram 3500

XP Camper #023, delivered April 2015 on a 2013 Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel. About 144,863 miles on the truck (will change as we still use the camper). Asking $125,000.

XP was the predecessor to Nimbl; this camper was built as a XP and was re-badged as Nimbl when it was at Nimbl for the upgrades described below. The current Nimbl campers are substantially similar in layout and major features, and the layout of the camper is similar to the photos here: https://www.nimblvehicles.com/vehicle/nimbl-evolution (although our camper is less new looking, and we are substantially less comely than the models in the Nimbl photos).

Truck:

2013 Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel, Crew Cab; auto transmission, Tradesman trim (cloth seats, basic trim package, less fancy stuff to break).

• ARB front bumper and driving lights.
  • ARB on board air compressor with outlets on both sides of the vehicle in the front storage boxes under the flat bed.
  • ARB rear air locker.
  • Ample ground clearance. Approx. 6 inch (?) lift, Icon Shocks with remote reservoir, 18 inch Fuel rims, almost new Falken Wildpeak tires (currently tires have approx. 5000 miles). Tires are rated to 4080 lbs each, and have the Triple Peak snow rating.
  • Custom rear leaf spring pack from Sacramento Spring (I believe this is the same shop that Nimbl uses for their new campers), and Firestone rear airbags.
  • Dual truck starter batteries replaced this Spring.
  • Ample storage: large behind cab storage box with sliding shelf and lower compartment that goes from side to side (good for long items such as skis); four under flatbed aluminum storage boxes; two rear storage areas in camper; truck currently has a plywood storage platform in rear seat area (rear seat is simply folded up, storage platform can be removed and seat folded back down in minutes).
  • Camper is removable for use of truck as a flatbed.
  • Just had the oil, oil filter and fuel filters changed.

Camper:

• Queen bed (east-west) with Froli bed spring system.
  • Under bed clothes storage.
  • Ample cabinet storage throughout camper.

• Dometic awing.
  • Rear dinette; converts to a bed.
  • Twin MaxAir roof fans

• 75 gallon fresh water storage; 20 gallon grey water capacity. Dual carbon/ceramic water filter.
  • Fold down wet bath, with shower and Thetford cassette toilet.
  • Kitchen sink with powered faucet.
  • Dometic front opening refrigerator.

• Webasto dual cooktop (diesel fueled; never run out of amps to cook).
  • Webasto Dual Top cabin air and hot water heater (diesel fueled; no propane required). We and other Nimbl/XP owners comfortably use the camper in winter in sub-zero (F) temperatures.

• Two large solar panels on roof, two Lifeline 6v 300 amp hour batteries (replaced a few years ago), Magnum 2000W energy inverter charger, Magnum Energy ME-RC Standard Remote Control, Go Power GP-PWM-30 30 amp digital solar controller, Blue Sea Relay/Charge Controller (allows truck alternator to charge camper batteries, and camper solar to charge truck starting batteries, and use of camper batteries to start truck if starter batteries fail).
  • Many and various lights in the cabin (ceiling lights, reading light near bed, under upper galley cabinets), under the awning, outside on the stairs. 12V AC and DC charging plugs and USB charging plugs throughout cabin and in rear storage compartment.

Camper has several upgrades performed by Nimbl (re-badged as a Nimbl camper, hydraulic lift with the “no manifold valve” upgrade, pumpless grey tank drain upgrade, through-bolt slider upgrade, baffle balls in main water tank).

Issues: It is a 10 year old camper and truck; it has been well used but well taken care of. Everything works, but it is not new and in places is not shiny. The truck cab had a clear wrap applied before our ownership. The wrap is peeling which looks a bit janky, but the body and paint are in good shape for a 10 year old truck and there is no rust. You won’t feel as bad driving through tight brushy trails with this truck like you would a new one. Truck has an older backup camera that works sometimes and sometimes does not (turning it off and on enough times seems to get it work). But, we usually have bikes on a rear rack, so the camera just shows the bike rack, so we don’t really worry about whether it is working.

Why we are selling. It is a hard decision, but we are just not using it much and it is a waste to let it sit. After 25+ years in our previous home, we moved to a new area and are spending time exploring locally, and visiting kids who live places that we have to fly to.

The camper is in Gunnison Colorado. We are sometimes in the Denver/Boulder area and Albuquerque NM. We plan to be at the Colorado Overland Expo event in August. I can give interested parties a video call walk-around and -thru.
Is this rig still available?

gdaut

Yep, still available. Send you a message. If anyone is interested we can meet you at the Overland Expo in Loveland CO Aug 26/27.

gdaut

Bumping this up. Camper will be at Overland Expo Mountain West in Loveland CO the weekend of Aug 25/26. Message me here if you want to meet up and check it out. Much of the time between now and then I will be in the camper and off grid, so please be patient if I do not respond right away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk