Non-bumper rear tire mount for a LC100??

I have a hitch-mount tire carrier as my aux. fuel tank displaced my spare. I put it on for road trips and leave it in the garage around town. May be a able to find some pics.

Skidoo

Photo is from Poison Spider at Cruise Moab this year. She was lead rig (Trail Leader's wife, he was out working an issue back in the pack) I was two rigs behind, looked like she just drove it down and stopped in this position. Called on CB for a hand from her husband. (her voice was so calm, I almost didn't get out to take a look). He came down saw front bumper was wedged, had her back up a little, stacked a couple of rocks in front of front tires, and she contiuned down the trail. She did not realize ledge was this big going in, but once commited just drove it.

Oh and the two daughters think around 5 years old are in the back seat.

Guessing this photo is going to become a classic.

Last edited:

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
First off, WHOA!!! That is a crazy ledge to do in a 100!! It is flippin awesome that the 100 was able to do it. Very cool...

I do agree, I am very much so looking forward to getting the spare tire out from under the truck. One of the best modifications I had made to my previous truck (an 07 Nissan Frontier) was a bed rail mounted spare tire. After moving the tire into the bed I really started paying attention to the precarious positions and sometimes impossible scenarios of getting the spare tire out from under the truck on various trails and in different conditions. For example, if you were to get stuck in some serious mud to the point where you are unable to drop the spare far enough to get it out from under the truck and you slash a sidewall, you now either have to dig and dig and dig until you clear a space or somehow get the truck out of the mud first, then fix the tire.

CYi5

Explorer
Not sure how the factory hitch is setup on the 100 series, but my setup may be an option for you. I would probably go the 80 series inside stock bumper method if that had worked for a 4runner. I now have my hi-lift mounted on the swing-out as well. Spent about $150 for everything I needed. It made a fun little project that I can turn around and sell to someone else when I decide to throw down for the $metal$ to weld up a real bumper.

1.jpg

3.jpg

IMG_1399.JPG

IMG_1532.JPG

With swing arm off, barely noticeable.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven