Non-electric (pump) solution for Camp Shower/Rinse?

blach

Hi everybody,

I need your help. For my car I'm looking for a container that can be pressurized
and used as sink or camp shower. Obviously it shouldn't lose pressure too fast and contain
enough water.

I found some solutions, but have no idea which of them is suitable for the purpose (I'm not allowed to post links unfortunately)

Lifesaver Jerrycan
(very expensive)

Rinsekit dot com (separate pump)

Helios Nemo and similar
(probably not for drinkin water)

Does anyone have experience with these or any suggestions?

It would be nice if I could use it for drinking water, but it's not a must.. but it's quite difficult to compare
them without trying.. so any input on positives/negatives would be very helpful. I don't really need
water filtering though.

Thanks a lot,
Christoph

Last edited:

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
What about pumping it up on the roof with solar, and then let it gravity feed? Or, my favourite: Taking an MSR Dromedary bag and hang it up high.
I'm not actually joking, although I realise you need to be able to cope with comparably small amounts of water (compared to how much water the average overland truck has and use).

blach

Thanks a lot for the suggestions! I'm not sure how suitable the roadshower is for drinking water as it's aluminium and I've recently read a lot against it here in Europe.
Zodi looks fine but I'd prefer an external pump so it is more flexible..

I think for me the ideal thing would be a combination: A stainless steel container with external valves for, maybe a little bit smaller than the roadshower.. but that's dreaming.
Both options look nice, the downside is that I'm in Europe and that's seems to get quite expensive :/

rayra

Expedition Leader
what on earth could possibly be the problem with drinking water out of aluminum?

Easy to pressurize any container by adding a valve stem / schraeder valve to it, then just use a manual bicycle pump to pressurize it as needed. It will boost the flow some, but it won't be a huge difference. You could put such a valve thru the lit of a scepter water jug.

blach

I don't know the details - but you can google for it. Over time aluminium can get a problem, which seems
to be unhealthy enough that for example in Austria, my home country, all of the Army's food cans had to be replaced recently.

The problem is that most containers (the usual water tanks) are not made for pressure from the inside, thus it's not that easy..

Mr. Snappy

Adventurer
Nemo helio shower. We can take four showers with it, uses a foot pump to produce pressure, and packs small. Down side? Hard to fill without a funnel or hose, and the top cap can be tough to insert, but it doesn't come out in use, either! And right at $100 USD.

Kevin108

Explorer
Only bad thing I see about the Road Shower is that food-grade clear hose. UV eats them up in no time.

rayra

Expedition Leader
I don't know the details - but you can google for it. Over time aluminium can get a problem, which seems
to be unhealthy enough that for example in Austria, my home country, all of the Army's food cans had to be replaced recently.

The problem is that most containers (the usual water tanks) are not made for pressure from the inside, thus it's not that easy..

I'm not googling ****, it's your assertion, defend it or not, that's your choice.

As for pressure, we're talking low pressure, a few tens of PSI, not a scuba tank. Any sturdy potable HDPE tank can take that, same as an HDPE garden sprayer.

Mushin_Noshin

Adventurer
Nemo, works great, hot or cold water, fill with funnel, creating your own pressure, portable, inexpensive, sturdy, blah blah

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl