noob, 97 4 door tahoe

thanks, this is the first group to think so, everyone around town just thinks its stupid to put money into something im so hard on, my dad had just had neck surgry and was still in the hospital the weekend we did the swap, it was me and my 16 year old buddy, radio up and covered in oil we got it done in 2 nights starting at 10-11 and ending the final morning around 6, fired her up and backed her out of the shop, made sure everything was good, then went to tallahassee fla witch is about 15 miles for iHop :smiley_drive:

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Thanks

tahoeMD your my inspiration for building my hoe, i saw yours on cardomain and wish id have bought a nbs, your tahoe is the most amazing one i have ever seen, id take your setup over anything, the only thing i would change is throw a duramax, allison and k2500 conversion under the front

Sunrise, thanks so much for the compliment, I appreciate it lots. You have a nice rig on your hands and the OBS GM trucks have more goodies you can find than the NBS, so you are ahead of the game.

If I ever hit the lottery, I would love to do a diesel / 2500 conversion for my truck.
0710dp_02_z+2000_chevy_suburban+diesel_engine.jpg

i know its alot of work but iv really been with the idea of getting a obs k2500 diesel and prettly much swaping entire front ends, i dont believe in sasing a perfectly good design, as is with the 5 speed iv already hooked up to a 07 f250 powerstroke and pulled him across the school parking lot, so im a firm believer in my ifs front end, not i just need to get an h3 front diff for a locker and 2500 running gear and a built 6.5 :drool:

suprisingly no, we just it all unplugged, iv got one O2 sensor plugged in, it runs great, i did pull out of my buddies house the other day looked down and saw i was in park but i was going, i was freaking out till i realized i had a manual

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Mr. Larry,
i did swap in the transfercase also, i forgot to take the shifter out before i junked the truck it came out of, also, im trying to figure out how to toggle the front diff. i know it can be done, just need some advice with the wires

No need to worry about the front axle wiring. Pull the electric axle disconnect out of the front axle and throw it the trash then install a Posi-Lok kit. The Posi-Lok kit essentially works the same as manual locking hubs but operated via cable routed to the inside of the vehicle. The kit works great and solves the typical GM IFS issue where the front axle will not engauge when the CAD fails, which is pretty common. The other nice thing is you will have the ability to achieve 2wd low range….Nice for backing up trailers.

http://4x4posi-lok.com/app_chevy-k.html

Even though their website shows they only go to 1998 on the GM stuff, the reality is if you have a manual shift 4x4 GM truck up to 2010 their kit will work. I have one on my 2005 Silverado HD with a manual shift transfercase. Their kit will work with electric shift as well (except Autotrac) but for some reason they don’t seem interested in writing the installation instructions for an electric shift vehicle.

i was going to order one when i have some extra money, im highly considering joining the marine corps, so if i do ill be able to do mostly what i want to for the truck, and another thing that i would absolutly love is a 03-04 k2500 hd ext cab swb with the duramax, that is my dream truck

thanks for the complements guys! i got some goodies today, a friend was closing his shop for good, as i was cleaning out the back i found a set of KC daylighters, a 103 inch steel whip, and a cobra nightwatch,all still in the box and plastic on it, he told i could have it all for helping him, so im mounting it all tomarrow

02TahoeMD dont know if youve seen these, went by there shop a few weeks ago, they do some amazing work
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yVrko9PhqU"]YouTube - Duramax Tahoe by DuraBurb[/ame]

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Oh, my….. that 10 bolt 8.5” rear axle will last about 10 minutes behind a Dirtymax. I’ll keep my Hoe a 5.3L thank you very much.

Now a 2500 series Suburban with a Dirtymax would be alright. Rather have a Cummins though and I am GM guy.

02TahoeMD

Explorer
02TahoeMD dont know if youve seen these, went by there shop a few weeks ago, they do some amazing work

Thanks much for posting that up. I had seen that a couple years ago and just could not for the life of me remember the name of the company. Even tried a google search but came up dry.

If I put a beast engine in like that, I would definitely be switching in 2500 suspension components, starting with the rear axle.

Speaking of the rear axle, a guy over on z71t-s site has done a masterful job of turning his Tahoe into an HD version, starting with putting a 14 bolt from an H2 under his rig. Check out the conversion done by member Duntov.

spacers4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater