Noob...Taco Build

georgiadrifter

Observer
Thanks.

Simplicity and the ability to remove the bed platform were key requirements. I'm a big believer in the concept of form following function. Another bonus....the setup is pretty lightweight. My next mod is a "strongbox" that is bolted into the access cab area to secure my camera gear and other valuables. Maybe something like this:

wg665-3_small1.jpg

or this....

i520925sn01.jpg

Anyone done this? What do you all do to secure high-dollar items? I figure if a crook breaks a window and gets in the cab, he/she then has to pry open the steel box. Hopefully this would be of some deterrent value.

Thanks for any tips.

soonenough

Explorer
georgiadrifter said:
Anyone done this? What do you all do to secure high-dollar items? I figure if a crook breaks a window and gets in the cab, he/she then has to pry open the steel box.
Although it's not for the back seat, Tuffy makes some lockable center consoles that are supposedly pretty secure. I remember seeing some info on them posted by TRDParts4U.com a while back, but I can't remember if they were for the 95-04 or the 05+ Tacomas. There was a thread about it somewhere, may have been on TTORA, I can't remember for sure. I just looked on TRDParts4U.com's website and didn't see anything under the 08 Tacoma section, so maybe they won't fit for some reason :confused:

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
So simplistic...rethinking my build after a night of searching threads here. Very nice set up and boat. Are the 2x6s as high or higher than the wheel wells? I know this is an old thread so people may have moved on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz