NorCal M1102 Build

Jarred

Hi All,
I've been looking at this forum for a while now for ideas - there are some great trailers here.

I have a m1102 and had a local truck rack manufacturer build me a rack for a RTT and now I'm going to work on the cover and try to organize the inside.

I was thinking of putting a bulkhead at the front of the trailer to hold equipment like a high lift jack, shovel, axe, tools, tow straps, etc..., a battery box, and maybe a propane tank - this would be ~2' from the front of the inside of the trailer box. Then next to that by the fender wells, I would have space to put some water tanks thinking a 30gal or 2x15 gal to even the weight on the sides.

The rest of the space would be open for camping gear, food, etc... I was also thinking about putting a pull out drawer for the stove.

Below is a pick while it was at the shop.

Appreciate any feedback!

20150917_135524.jpg

ghutch

Observer
Looks good! Keep us posted as the build progresses.....these are great trailers with almost all military trailer mods
being possible.

Jarred

Making progress on the top.. Need to finish up the other two sections then work on lighting...

IMG_6471.jpg

Last edited:

Jarred

Some updated pics... Now looking for some options on how to weatherproof and block off the electronics inside the trailer..

IMG_6989.jpg
Outside_Power.jpg
inside_Power.jpg

Some action shots...
IMG_7426.jpg
IMG_7419.jpg
IMG_7515.jpg

Looking forward to some more trips this year!

-Jarred

kevinrx7

Observer
I have pretty much the same setup except mine is a M101, I have the same tent as well. I also built a plywood cover that has a 2' section on each end that has hinges to access my gear. I put cheap foam weatherstrip between the bed rails and decking, it did a great job of keeping water from entering from the sides.
I'm also trying to figure out the best way to seal up the hinge joints. At this time I'm thinking some sort of durable, flexible rubber strips glued down over the joints to seal out the water ?
What ideas did you have to seal up your top?
96f88ab755c02cb527808b1ada89d954.jpg

Sent from my USCC-E6762 using Tapatalk

Jarred

Cool - looks good!
The top of my trailer has a ~2' section in the front and in the back it has double hinges - the whole back opens up, or I can open it like a butterfly from the sides - so I have multiple hinge areas.
For the weatherproofing, i did the same, just put some foam weather stripping. I might replace it with some upgraded rubber weatherstripping.
For the hinges, I run the weather stripping in front of the hinges and it seems to work... My rack also has a solid metal frame on the bottom and I also put weather stripping between it and the trailer as well.

For the top wood sections, I fiberglassed the plywood tops, then painted them with Rust-Oleum Bed liner and on the bottom I painted them with the Rust-Oleum Leak seal.
I also put several overlapping layers of 6" window flashing tape under the piano hinge for the back section under the piano hinge.

If I come up with anything else, I'll post for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk