Not sure where I fit in.... Toyota Van thread.

flecker

Some of you guys may get a kick out of this... I get asked a lot about the little power plant in the space shuttle. So thought I would share. The engine is a 4YE fuel injected 4 cylinder. Creates about 105 hp's and produces some pretty decent torque. They still manufacture and use these robust little engines today.... for forklifts! LOL. It's kind of an oddball Toy engine in some respects. Uses pushrods, has spark plug tubes, double row t-chain... The good news is it runs a G series trans, so there are options for the engine like say a 2rz or 3rz can just bolt up... even a diesel counterpart like a 1 or 2uz.

I would refer to it as a mid engine van, it sits directly under the seats in the cab and is accessed via some removable panels. It's a bit of a tight space for anything major like a timing chain or whatnot, but the routine maintenance is fairly easy. All in all it does help to balance the thing out rather well as far as weight distribution.
Some piccy's:

rcQOyEk.jpg

Pretty much fills the entire compartment....

SQUiFlk.jpg

Andywear

you got any links to the up top cross over bars?
I have noticed these vans have what look like a 1/4" gutter on both sides that the railing clips to or just rests on.
My van is prolly top heavy enough but would love mounting options.

Paddler Ed

Adventurer
The good news is it runs a G series trans, so there are options for the engine like say a 2rz or 3rz can just bolt up... even a diesel counterpart like a 1 or 2uz.

1UZ and 2UZ are V8 petrols from Lexus and Land Cruisers, not diesels - wonkipedia article here

It's so funny how many parts are familiar to me having had a 3VZE and now a 1FZ-FE - things like the air flow meter look instantly familiar, as does the throttle body. I suspect based on those observations that diagnostics are carried out with a paper clip, and part of the procedure for setting the timing is done with one as well... Yes, they are that high tech!

flecker

Doh. Correct, I meant 1d or 2d.

Little inline 4 diesels...
1UZ and 2UZ are V8 petrols from Lexus and Land Cruisers, not diesels - wonkipedia article here

It's so funny how many parts are familiar to me having had a 3VZE and now a 1FZ-FE - things like the air flow meter look instantly familiar, as does the throttle body. I suspect based on those observations that diagnostics are carried out with a paper clip, and part of the procedure for setting the timing is done with one as well... Yes, they are that high tech!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater