Not Sure where to post this... Link to Great Pictures of Russian Travel in Winter

outsidr

Adventurer
Those guys are so hard core it is ridiculous. I first saw these rigs in Long way round and every time since I have more and more respect for how exposed they are.

I hope I meet one of these guys someday so they can tell me what a wuss I am having all this cool equipment to make this travel comfortable and easy....

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Wow.

One thing that surprised me is that I couldn't find a single tire chain in those pix.

egn

Adventurer
Lynn said:
One thing that surprised me is that I couldn't find a single tire chain in those pix.

Yes, they don't use tyre chains. I don't really know why, except may be for the costs.

As they drive thousands of miles through the winter the wear may be just much to large. Tyre chains for trucks are really expensive if they are of good quality. I just bought two pairs for my truck and I paid about 800 $ for them.

The other point is that the tyres they use are really good. They are so good that a lot of truck trail teams are using them. I am also thinking about putting those tyres on my truck when we do more winter camping and go finally east.

To improve tyres in winter I may also put spikes into them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3

Members online