NP241 rebuild manual

wapitichaser

Any Dodge dealer will have a service manual with everything you need. Give them the serial number off the tag on the rear case half and they will get you the correct book. Check www.genosgarage.com for manuals and CD's also.

241 HD is a very easy t case to rebuild. I used to do them in under an hour after removal. Do you have specific questions? I was a dodge tech for years. PM me if you like, I maybe able to help you.

cumminscruiser

Adventurer
241 rebuild

Thanks, I might just take you up on that. I have a 2000 Dodge w/cummins engine, the transfercase is the easist of my problems. Its been my work truck and now I'm converting it into a light duty expo rig. I'm building a bumper w/winch, rock guards under the chassis and looking for a shell for the bed.

I have been living with a strange problem for years, after I start the truck in the morning it seems like it goes into safe mode after about 5 minuits. then I turn it off and then back on and for the rest of the day its just great. I did replace the VP44 last year when it just up and died. I dont get any codes using the key trick but my handheld scanner shows the injector pump code. I was so worried about that code I removed the pump and brought it back to the rebuilder they tested it and said its just fine. My next repair on it will be the APPS sometimes I get no pedal.

All just part of building the rig. The way I see it is one needs to know how to repair just about everything, since you never know when and where you will be fixing your rig on the trail.

wapitichaser

I am doing the same with my 2000 CTD Ram. I just finished my flatbed build and now I prepping for front bumper with winch, side bars for the family and custom tool boxes to fit on the sides of the flatbed. Trying to make it a family expedition rig. We spend our summers flyfishing, ATV riding and camping in Coloradoin our Northstar 9.5 truck camper. During the fall I am hunting for everything.

As far as you driveability issue I have not personally seen that problem. Check out turbodieselregister.com and maybe someone there has seen your problem.

Good Luck.

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
Agreed. Very easy (possibly the easiest I've ever messed with). There are instructinos and photos on Pirate if you search NP241 on Pirate under my name. Mostly threads from the old school. These are also regular duty NP241 but they basically assemble nearly identical.

cumminscruiser

Adventurer
Np241dhd

Yes so far the rebuild has been easy, I have a worn shift fork the pads on the aluminum fork have worn on one side other than that it looks good.

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
Not to hijack your thread , cumminscruiser, buuuut does anyone know where to find info on the NP231-D t-case. Yes 231 D. I've search and can only find the normal one's or the HD stuff. Dang Dodge and their strange equipment.

wapitichaser

What does the tag say on the back of the tcase? The 231 came a in a few versions.
J for jeeps, D for dodge and chevy had a version and then there was the HD and the DHD. I think you have a the 231 dodge version. They are are all very similar on the inside, the differences were mounting and the size chain on the inside. What info do you need?

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
What does the tag say on the back of the tcase? The 231 came a in a few versions.
J for jeeps, D for dodge and chevy had a version and then there was the HD and the DHD. I think you have a the 231 dodge version. They are are all very similar on the inside, the differences were mounting and the size chain on the inside. What info do you need?

It's the 231-D t-case. Looking for either a rebuild kit or (preferably) and upgrade kit. From the info I could get when looking for another one, only 96-97 t-cases will work for my truck. I picked up anther 231-D from a 97, but want to rebuild the one I'm pulling from the truck and build it stronger.
Will the stuff from a213-hd work ? or ??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy