Off Road / Jeep Trailer -- NC

WF-Wagrub

I sold my Jeep TJ last summer and now I need to sell the trailer that I'm no longer using.

Custom built Trailer 44”W x 60”L x 20”Deep. 3 locking compartments, 3500lb axle with 2000lb springs (brand new, broke the old ones in the Mojave), electric brakes, 5 on 4.5/16x7 wheels (same as jeep TJ), Lock –n- Roll multi-axis hitch. Was built to pull behind a Jeep TJ.

Asking $1750.00 or best reasonable offer. Can deliver up to 150miles.

Known Issues: wiring for lights and brakes needs to be inspected / redone. I broke a spring on the Mojave Road and have never reworked the field repair on the wiring, tires are pretty worn.

Please PM for more info & contact info.

Attachments

• DSC01408_edited-1.jpg
    DSC01408_edited-1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 570
Last edited:

WF-Wagrub

I'm located just outside Wilmington, NC.

I'll be driving to Alaska in April, so for a guaranteed sale I could deliver the trailer somewhere along the way.

I had thought to take it to the Expo this spring, but I have to be in Alaska in April and Expo looks to be in May this year.

Purpura1

Thanks. I'm located in Albuquerque.

A few questions for you.....

1. What is the tire to tire width? I would like to be able to fit it thru my gate.
2. Could crossbars be added to the lid to mount a RTT?
3. Could gas struts be added to the inside to aid in opening the lid with the RTT in place?
4. Could you provide more pics? Inside? Underneath? All the other sides? The damaged spring?
5. Do you have a feel for how much this trailer weighs?

Thanks
Dom

WF-Wagrub

Pics & Measurements

The overall Width is 68", overall length 120", Height 48". Currently has 32" tires with springs under axle.

Front View: I may have used an old photo on my original post showing the wood covers I had between the side boxes. OOPS!
IMG_0303_edited-1.jpg
Drivers Side: Jerry Can holder, Ax mount
IMG_0306_edited-1.jpg
Passenger Side: Jerry Can holder, Shovel Mounts (quickfists), Tube for long items i.e. tent poles
IMG_0309_edited-1.jpg
Rear: 'Jeep' tailgate
IMG_0307_edited-1.jpg
The bed is open between side boxes. I had planned to add 2"x2" posts and a RTT, but never got around to it.
IMG_0308_edited-1.jpg
Lock-n-Roll hitch
IMG_0304_edited-1.jpg
Lock-n-Roll reciever
IMG_0305_edited-1.jpg

Old Photos:
broken spring on Mojave Trail
IMG_0140_edited-1.jpg
And the field repair
IMG_0141_edited-1.jpg
I originally had a set of custom made 1600# springs, 800# each side. They rode great, the trailer weighs around 800# empty and with a typical trail load (4jerry cans fuel / 4 jerry cans water, camping gear, Yeti cooler) it had just the right amount of spring. I had the springs made custom in a shop in Reno and don't know if it was poor material or what. Either way, on my first day out on the mojave I ended up doing a repair.
My best guess is that with the soft ride of the springs combined with the torque genereated by the electric brakes the axle tended to twist while braking. If I was going to go custom springs again I'd put on some sort of brace to eleminate any braking torque.
Both left and right springs have since been replaced with 2000# set of springs (1000# each side).

I originally had wood covers etc. installed between the side boxes. Worked great out in the desert, but the rain & humidity in Coastal NC have done their work and I've removed them.

Thanks everyone for taking a look.

Attachments

• DSC01420_edited-1.jpg
    DSC01420_edited-1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 267

Purpura1

Thanks for all the info and updated pics. I am really looking for something I can mount a RTT on. Thanks and good luck with the sale.

Lacy Hershey

Adventurer
Hey. Interested in your trailer. Are the boxes on the side welded on or just bolted? Also you said electric brakes so this trailer a 7 plug?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven