*OFF THE MARKET *Price drop-2018 Earth Cruiser EXP turbo diesel, Boulder, Co. $239,000! 10th Anniversary Edition *OFF THE MARKET*

shade

To be clear, I meant that as a compliment. That system that fits well with everything else on that truck. I'm not surprised to find high end gear powering your home.

thinairathlete

Love the box but just can’t do the truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the comment. Like almost any vehicle you buy there will be things that you dont prefer or that someone else likes but you dont. The 4 cylinder turbodiesel does not make the power that the american pickups do. The dual clutch transmission is different but suited to the drivetrain. The only time I have wanted more power was on the mountain passes in Colorado but I can say that for most vehicles i have owned. In 3rd world or developing countries this setup is perfect. The platform is available or has service centers in nearly 70 countries thanks to Fusos majority ownership by Mercedes. The big 3 cannot claim that. I have friends that have had diesel pickup issues in a place as close as Mexico that have had to be towed back to the U.S. because of the lack of certified techs and warranty. The cabover design is great for travel, there is nothing like sitting right up front and the turning radius puts my Tundra and Defender 110 to shame. Sure, it doesnt rock crawl like a Jeep, it is an RV. It isnt as luxurious as an Earthroamer or GXV but it will fit down trails and narrow foriegn streets that they never would. I spent a year driving around the country driving dozens of expedition trucks, everything that was available in the country. In the end, this checked the most boxes. Oh and it is only 10,700# empty.

Gooseberry

Explorer
Thanks for the comment. Like almost any vehicle you buy there will be things that you dont prefer or that someone else likes but you dont. The 4 cylinder turbodiesel does not make the power that the american pickups do. The dual clutch transmission is different but suited to the drivetrain. The only time I have wanted more power was on the mountain passes in Colorado but I can say that for most vehicles i have owned. In 3rd world or developing countries this setup is perfect. The platform is available or has service centers in nearly 70 countries thanks to Fusos majority ownership by Mercedes. The big 3 cannot claim that. I have friends that have had diesel pickup issues in a place as close as Mexico that have had to be towed back to the U.S. because of the lack of certified techs and warranty. The cabover design is great for travel, there is nothing like sitting right up front and the turning radius puts my Tundra and Defender 110 to shame. Sure, it doesnt rock crawl like a Jeep, it is an RV. It isnt as luxurious as an Earthroamer or GXV but it will fit down trails and narrow foriegn streets that they never would. I spent a year driving around the country driving dozens of expedition trucks, everything that was available in the country. In the end, this checked the most boxes. Oh and it is only 10,700# empty.

No don’t get me wrong I love the setup and could do it but it was the Milage difference of the fuso. I could be wrong but the fuso gets 8 to maybe 10 mpg and my old 7.3 gets 14 on a bad day. I will have that box on izusu with a LS motor and crew cab some day.

thinairathlete

What is the mpg of the Fuso ? Does the Fuso have worldwide warranty ?
I get 13 mpg all around with a best of 16mpg on the highway. I am not sure about the warrenty but have heard it does apply outside of country of purchase. I have had no issues mechanically in or out of the U.S.

thinairathlete

No don’t get me wrong I love the setup and could do it but it was the Milage difference of the fuso. I could be wrong but the fuso gets 8 to maybe 10 mpg and my old 7.3 gets 14 on a bad day. I will have that box on izusu with a LS motor and crew cab some day.

I get 13 mpg average with city, off road and mountain pass driving with a best of 16mpg driving from Bend to Boulder on hwy 84 and 80.

thinairathlete

Find all the cool campsites. This extra clean Earthcruiser EXP is still for sale
35133.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism