ok guys an offer

benedmonson

Disabled Adventurer
Ben:
The seats in the picture on the website link above are in an early DI although they say they are for a DII.

I am curious about the pricing though, as I can get a set of M&M's for my DI including the rear jumpseats for about $850.00.

If your front's only are $400, ... how much for the entire SE7 set up?
Also, these don't seem to fit quite as snug (there seems to be a lot of extra fabric) on the seat as the M&M (see large pucker in the pic on the site).

I am about to pull the trigger on a set of M&M's so I'd be grateful for an answer.

Thanks
Dendy

Dendy it was great talking to you on the phone!! I will get you some answers ASAP!!! As for the pic of the loose fabric, it just wasn't adjusted out, they are made of the same fabric as Melvin and Moon and fit accordingly!

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
He needs the Hi/Lo/Difflock shift stick and the mounting base that bolts to the transmission tunnel, the cables, and probably the bracketry at the transfer case for the cables.

Nonimouse

Cynical old bastard
I'm seeing Mike (Bobtail) at Stoneleigh this weekend IIRC so he and I can have a sit down and a chat about this.

I may have a cheaper way of getting stuff into the states

Exmoor Trim sell M&M - I have to see Julian in a week or so about a potential article about another of his products....

D2 CDL is available from AMV (?) in Aus or Ashcroft over here - depending on your suffix it's either £245 or £470 (all ex VAT so add 17.5% but will be "0% next year

Give me the UJ details - I have a friend in the next village who owns/runs an LR spares company. He has customers all over the world so can sort a sensible package. He has very low overheads so is not too greedy

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Thoroughly appreciate you looking into this for us. Next time I am I. The UK I will definitely buy you a drink! Come into the city and we will throw back a few.

As for the Ujoints, we are looking at a replacement for the stock dshaft so a 1300series made by Hardy Spicer. I don't have a part number as they are not sold here and I don't have access to their product book. But I'm sure someone here has a part number for us or a crosslisted number to compare against. I have the PDQ and neapco numbers but again no crosslisting spicer joints are shown.

-Sam

Nonimouse

Cynical old bastard
Sam,

Just to confirm

Drive shaft means Prop Shaft

Hardy Spicer is a manufacturer of Universal Joints owned by GKN; you want Hardy Spicer units to fit the propshafts on a D2 V8i (what MY) {rather than a Tmkin UJ for example}. Do you want long grease nipples?

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Sam,

Just to confirm

Drive shaft means Prop Shaft

Hardy Spicer is a manufacturer of Universal Joints owned by GKN; you want Hardy Spicer units to fit the propshafts on a D2 V8i (what MY) {rather than a Tmkin UJ for example}. Do you want long grease nipples?

Correct and correct. R_Lefebvre wants some as well. These fit all the D2 model years, specifically he has an 04 and I have an 03. Hardy Spicer in 1300 series is not available in the USA. I was led to believe these are easily found in the UK. As for nipples(zerk fittings), it doesnt matter what they come with, standard or long.

Thanks,
Sam

Nonimouse

Cynical old bastard
Always wondered what a Zerk Fitting was

Okay I shall get some prices

Are Timkin out of the picture by the way - I've found them to be very good on the 110

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach