Old Man Emu: Late model Frontier and Pathfinder

Dave

Explorer
Very nice! Got any other pictures you can share, either of the suspension itself or the truck after the lift? Did you do any gas mileage comparisons before/after? I loved the OME suspension on my Tacoma.

I noticed the gas mileage on my truck took a huge hit this weekend when driving into a head wind at highway speeds, got me thinking that any sort of lift could really affect it.

madizell

Explorer
navara-au said:
I would have thought the 4 runner was the same as the Hilux?

The 4-Runner as marketed in the U.S. is an SUV, not a utility truck. As marketed in Australia, the Hilux is what in the U.S. would be called a pick-up truck. The Hilux is most closely compared to the Toyota pick-up as it was marketed in the U.S. just before the introduction of the Tacoma. As I recall, the Toyota truck in the U.S. was, at one time, also called a Hilux, but that was years ago.

edsd90

Observer
Dave - I'll take a few images tomorrow. It'll be easy to shoot the suspension since the rear bumper is off for my trip up to ARB on Thursday for a beta-test of their rear bumper sold to the rest of the world. The trruck is probably sitting a tiny bit higher in the back right now with the rear bumper and Class IV receiver off.
I installed the Shrockworks front bumper and winch plus sliders only two or three days after getting the lift. My mileage definitely dropped after all of this, but couldn't guess how much could be attributed to the lift itself.
Look for some detail and side profile shots tomorrow. I'll take some more after the rear bumper is installed if it impacts the height at all.
Ed

edsd90

Observer
Attached are three phots of the OME installation - one of the drivers side front, another of the drivers side rear, and a side shot that should give a good feel of the lift that resulted.
As soon as their rear bumper is on and I get the finishing panel painted, I'll start a new thread and post some images.
Glad I could help with these OME questions, and I'm sure ARB will be happy to outfit more Nissans in the US.
Ed

mcm4090

Explorer
edsd90 said:
This week they're installing the ARB rear bumper as sold in the rest of the world. The sent the installation instructions, and it looks like it should go on very easily as well. The rear infill panel kit may not be an exact fit from what I can see in the instructions, but should be simple to adapt.
Ed Sanman
Wow! This is great news. Do you know if ARB will start sell the front bumper in the U.S.?

edsd90

Observer
Yes, fitting the front bumper is in the works. They gave me a heads up that that's the next test, but not sure how soon.
When I first went up to for the OME, they had to admit they were pleasantly surprised by the vehicle. They've been so focused on the Tacoma here in the US they haven't paid much attention to the Frontier.
When it happens, I'll let the Nissan group know.
Ed

IceCap4runnerORP

Adventurer
This is great stuff, thanks. As you can see from my sig I'm waiting for ARB to have a completed suspension package (and then bumpers) for my Xterra. I have enjoyed the OME products for the Jeep Rubicon I had that I figured I'd just waiti it out rather than rush into anything. My guesstimation that this summer completed packages will be for sale and I'll be able to outfit my vehicle.

Thanks again.

Jeff

p.s. as I stated in my earlier thread you merely have to reference the TSB I quoted you to your Nissan dealer and they will install the Cam Bolts that will allow you to adjust the camber in your front end. Enjoy.

edsd90

Observer
Jeff - I'll be up there tomorrow or Friday, and will ask about OME for the Xterra. I'll definitely see a dealer about the cam bolts. Thanks for sharing that info.
Ed

articulate

Expedition Leader
Thanks for posting the photos and information, Ed.

Jeff, the parts for the Frontier are available for sale through any ARB dealer (I've been quoted pricing and availability). However, no dealers are promoting it.

I should back up.... the XTerra has a spring under rear axle, right? So I presume that you need to see if they have the correct leaf springs for you.

IceCap4runnerORP

Adventurer
I should back up.... the XTerra has a spring under rear axle, right? So I presume that you need to see if they have the correct leaf springs for you.

That is correct. I'm real nervous about "going outside the box" and being the first guy with an Xterra to do this, I believe that I will wait a bit - love the OME'd Frontier though.

Dave

Explorer
Cool! Thanks for the pictures and yeah you better go ahead and post some pictures of the ARB rear bumper after it's installed. ;)

mcm4090

Explorer
edsd90 said:
Yes Mark, the CS050R would have to be the rear leaf springs.
By the way, I didn't repond to your upper control arm question. I have the stock upper arms, and did not relize that there was on option. I have a lot to learn about Nissans.
Now that you mention the upper arms, I do remember seeing another post somewhere about getting better articulation by replacing these. Could you help me with a source and what I might expect out of them? Where I've gone with the Nissan so far has not required a lot of articulation, but I can certainly see a need in the future.
Thanks, Ed
Here is a link to the upper control arms.
http://www.chaosfab.com/91500.html

edsd90

Observer
Here are a couple more images of the OME suspension, taken while I was up at ARB for the rear bumper install. Being on a lift allows a little better view.
Ed

AUTOTUNING

Good day, dear users of expeditionportal FORUM... I have some questions to you: please, somebody halp me,- where can I buy OME lift components in USA??? Please tell me some enternet - sites, where I can buy OME SUSPENSIONS for NISSAN NAVARA D40 2006 - Sanks.

edsd90

Observer
AUTOTUNING said:
Good day, dear users of expeditionportal FORUM... I have some questions to you: please, somebody halp me,- where can I buy OME lift components in USA??? Please tell me some enternet - sites, where I can buy OME SUSPENSIONS for NISSAN NAVARA D40 2006 - Sanks.
Go to www.arbusa.com and at the top of the home page is "FIND A DEALER". That should get you the information you're looking for. Anyone who sells ARB can help you, even if it's a Jeep shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy