OME XJ 2-3" lift kit ?'s

AAL = add-a-leaf
JCXL AAL = the OME add-a-leaf

Purple People Eater - to clarify, did you go with 2.5" of OME lift (which springs?) plus the extra leaf? How much did that net you total?
What about your front springs? Looks like you have plenty of clearance, even with some gear on there.

I did do the OME medium on all for corners, with a 1/2" spacer up front and the OME add-a-leaf in the back. I'd guess I'm sitting anywhere between 2.5"-3" higher than stock everyday, depending on how much crap I'm hauling around. That rear bumper, with the spare and hi-lift and 5 gallons of fuel weighs close to 200 pounds, which for it's placement in the very rear of the vehicle (think leverage) and the stock Cherokee's 800 pound payload, that's significant. Even with the 'overload' spring in the leaf packs, I still lose about an inch when all my stuff is loaded in the back. But I don't mind; the ride is squishy and fun. I bought an ARB bumper for the front recently, and didn't notice any sag up front. That is, however, with no winch.

NY2000XJ

teflon spacer?

x2 on the JCXL if plan on carrying any weight this is must with OME stuff. I installed it in my leaf packs and it did not change the ride, easy to do with a new leaf set. You will want to get a teflon spacer to keep the squeeeeeeeaks down.

hey just wondering where to get this teflon spacer? and where does it install? i just installed an ome kit and am noticing squeaking on wide turns or over bumps, i realize this is an old post but would appreciate a reply, thanks! and truck looks great by the way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal