Optimistic man tackling Baboons Pass.

sleeoffroad

Adventurer
So yeah, you're right in alot of ways and good point. But I hardly think this is an incident isolated to SA that only SA folk can under stand. That's like saying that only people in the NW can ever really know what it's like to go wheeling in the rain and mud... That's clearly NOT the case, but I think these folks got enough feeback that I'd be guessing that they won't be doing it again.

Like I said, IMO the stupidest thing they did was to PUT IT ON THE INTERNET... I'm guessing that equaly as stupid of things get done nearly EVERYWHERE on a daily basis... Fortunatly for humanity it's not ALL on You-tube

Well, hope even a BIT of that made sence eh :D

Cheers

Dave

Dave, I see where you are coming from. There was a good explanation by the TV Network that produced this at the bottom of the thread ( the link I posted), however it was in Afrikaans. They tried to justify it and have some valid points.

Morons, yes, but that pass is also the scene for the "Roof of Africa" rally that has been held for ages. That even alone probably damages the environment more than this single event.

Like you say, in some places it is DO OR DI. Learn from experience. As for Gurru's, there is a saying in Afrikaans:

"In die land van die blindes, een-oog is koning!"

Translated, in the land of the blind, the guy with one eye is king. So in terms of them being experts, yes in certain peoples eyes there are (well probably were now). It all depends on what you know and who you are trying to teach / impress.

I am not sure it was bad to get on the Internet. Hopefully more people learn from it, that actually try to crucify the 4x4 population. They are least got a lot of flak in SA.

INSAYN

Adventurer
Where was your confusion?

It wasn't you p71. There was a post after your's that seems to have been deleted. I should have captured it with a "quote" box. All kinds of fancy jibberish that made no sense whatsoever. Really out of place for this thread, so my only response was... "Huhhh?"

p71

Observer
It wasn't you p71. There was a post after your's that seems to have been deleted. I should have captured it with a "quote" box. All kinds of fancy jibberish that made no sense whatsoever. Really out of place for this thread, so my only response was... "Huhhh?"

Roger...

ScottyDog

Adventurer
I love the part with the tribesman watching on while they were hung up on their rear diff.... I think it summed up the whole story on his face... "You should have brought a donkey instead..." LOL...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner