OREIDAVADAH Adventure 2015

driver61

Adventurer
I just walked in from cleaning the interior of my Jeep... It's been another busy few weeks, but I finally got around to it. It's great to see everyone's pictures. Thanks! Brett

driver61

Adventurer
Day 6:

Delano,NV-City of Rocks, ID

We left our camp spot again, at 8am...Drove over to the old Delano Mine site and got out and explored what was left of it. A fire had swept through the area in the 90's and burned a lot of it. After some exploration and good photo's, we moved on toward Grouse Creek, UT... Driving through some thick grass, I discovered a big chunk of pipe sticking up by hitting with my tie rod and front differential. Luckily it just bent the tie rod down and we were able to repair it. We made our way over a few more high mountain passes before dropping into Grouse Creek. After fueling up at the beautiful little gas station, we heard the lady order a load of gasoline to be delivered.:) From there, we cut over another pass and experienced an awesome view of the Great Salt Lake. Words couldn't describe it, and my pictures won't do it justice. I forgot to mention, Charlie experienced another flat tire before GC. The plugs wouldn't hold up any longer and the spare was put on. As we worked our way down the pass with the white salt in the distance, Charlie had more bad news... the track bar mount had ripped off the rear axle. The day was getting late, and several ideas were tossed around. In the end, Randy and Shane were able to get it welded back on well enough to get to a camp spot. We elected to get on the highway and make quick work of getting to the City Of Rocks to make camp. We lucked out and found an open group site for the night. This is where i left the group, I was close to home and missing my children. I opted to make the drive home to sleep in a soft bed... On to the pics!

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Randy I like your "signs" album. I missed a lot of stuff apparently. Brett nice closing shots. When I get home for more that a few days I will get more photos and report on this trip. It truly was a superb trip.

RandyP

Adventurer
Awesome trip report, after we all add some more pics and comments for day 6, I am hoping that a day 7 trip report, from City of Rocks over magic mountain and back to Twin Falls might appear. I'm sincerely thankful that this trip report mysteriously reappeared.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal