Orlando to Oregon first of everything!!!

fishflyguy

Hello fellow adventures.
New member first post.
So I bought this ambulance and of course it is on the other side of the states from me. I will fly out this Mar. 23 headed for Orlando, Fl to begin my maiden adventure in my new adventure mobile. I hope to make the drive back to oregon in 5 days. I bought it off E-Bay and currently the seller is having his mechanic go through the vehicle to make sure it is road worth for the 3000 mile drive. How much that is true meh..... This rig has lived its whole life in florida as a fire medic unit. It was just recently taken out of service.

This is my fifth diesel and second cummins. I am a mechanical engineer by trade and have turned a few wrenches in my time on this earth. I am looking for any and all advice from all of you experienced travelers about issues I might run into. I will be bringing my millwright tool bag so I will have a respectable tool assortment to work with WHEN something breaks.

Once home I will begin to convert it to a Outlander RV. I am thinking 4 link suspension with 6" lift via air bags. Full electric rear lockers, 20K front/rear removable winch. Eventually converted to 4x4.

I will try and keep everyone posted on my travel progress and the love/hate experiences of the trip.

2001 Freightliner FL60., 8.3l Cummins ISC, Allison 6 speed, 5kw diesel Generator, 160,000 miles, Air ride seats, Air park brake, Hydro brakes.

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 33
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 35
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 38
  • s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 39
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 37

fishflyguy

I adjusted the mirrors..........that was the extent of my issues!!!
Cummins 8.3L ran like a CHAMP!!
Now just everything on the conversion is left. I have made a few day trips here in Oregon and It is now retitled as a RV.
Here is the new paint job
I think her name is "Tons of Fun"!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3