Overland Adventure vehicle thoughts and advice needed -

MINO

Adventurer
Being able to pass is no longer a issue with the Tundra - which is awesome. We aren't crawlers, just overlanders. The width of the Tundra has already been an issue on some trails.

My brother ended up needing a vehicle - So, I've loaned him the 80. We miss it, but the Tundra has grown on us.
I like that we've kept it in the family and I was able to help my bro out after he fell on some tuff times.

IMG_1892.jpg

p nut

butter
Looks like you've put in some work in that Tundra. What kind of a bumper is that? Also, what kind of MPG are you getting?

I love my current 100 LC, but I've always been a truck guy and would like a Tundra or Tacoma sometime in the near future. My trips are also mostly overlanding, so don't care much about crawl abilities.

MINO

Adventurer
Looks like you've put in some work in that Tundra. What kind of a bumper is that? Also, what kind of MPG are you getting?

I love my current 100 LC, but I've always been a truck guy and would like a Tundra or Tacoma sometime in the near future. My trips are also mostly overlanding, so don't care much about crawl abilities.

The bumper is an Expedition One. I was going to go with ARB, but for the money I thought the Exp1 was a better deal. It also includes brackets that reinforce the frame mounts. They claim it'll hold up to a moose impact... who knows.

I'm getting an average of 13mpg. I have a lead foot and the TRD exhaust sounds so damn good when you give it throttle. I'm sure I could improve the number.
My only gripes with the Tundra are the lack of a true locking diff. I don't like factory ATRAC, there are reports of seals blowing on the steering rack (10-12) and it's very wide. I think the Gen1 Tundra was a better size. We looked at the Tacoma too. It seemed it would be over capacity with the camper and supplies we'd bring.

Wait...you take your cat camping?

Yea. He's part dog really. Even walks on a leash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh