Overland Campers for FG 4x4 and 4x2 Available now in USA, Australia and export

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
G`day
65 mph on the free way no problem. Six speed auto is a gem on the down hill sections with the exhaust brake there as well. Used 5 th gear once up over the pass from Utah. The auto would want to change down quicker than i would, so i used manual mode.
Cheers
It is nice to hear the 'new' engine and transmission are making the grade (pun intended)
What is the weight (empty or operational) of the Fuso with the Outback 4x4 camper ?
It sure sounds like a side trip to Bend is in order. Are there usually a truck/camper there in works ?
Thanks

familyvan

Adventurer
Thanks for the response earthcrusier.
I see the double cab can fit five anyway to squeeze a family of six into one? (even though the double cab in not available in the US)

THanks again

MiCasaLay

Seeker
Crew cab model?

Any plans for a "crew cab" (4 seat) version?

I like this vehicle, but don't know what to make of the pass-through directly to the queen bed - might appeal to a spelunker?

EarthCruiser

Adventurer
G`day MiCasaLay
FUSO HQ reps joined us at the Hershey show last week. We spoke at length about the dual cab 4x4 (the Aussie dual cab EarthCruiser turn out great) the thinking is it will be two years before they are in the USA. When we can get hold of them we will be ready.
The OutBack was a joy to drive there and back to Bend , i (mostly) followed I80 across and I90 back, I90 was way more fun!
Spelunker?

Lance

MiCasaLay

Seeker
Looking forward to it!!!

Spelunker?

One who explores wild caves - and does a good bit of belly-crawling to get where he's going...

John E Davies

Adventurer
G`day
65 mph on the free way no problem. Six speed auto is a gem on the down hill sections with the exhaust brake there as well. Used 5 th gear once up over the pass from Utah. The auto would want to change down quicker than i would, so i used manual mode.

Cheers

So how does it go OFF pavement? I have been waiting for someone to explain the dynamics of a single speed transfer case plus the new transmission on rough forest roads - washouts, steep bits, small ledges.....

It's VERY good to know that 65 mph is not a problem, but what about the other end of the spectrum? See also:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/111218-Duonic-trans-question-low-gear-ratio-Off-pavement-capability?p=1358199#post1358199

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/113771-Still-waiting-to-hear-how-the-Duonic-works-off-pavement?highlight=Still+waiting+duonic

Has Mitsubishi finally fixed all the horrible teething problems with the new tranny?

Thanks.

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

EarthCruiser

Adventurer
G`day John
A resounding yes.
We at EarthCruiser are lucky enough to drive and build on Fuso / Isuzu / Iveco in a number of countries (Aus,USA,RSA,UAE,Mongolia, EU.) . I love this new Fuso with the Auto. The team at Fuso did what they had to do, it is a a gem.
We have a chassis here next time your in Bend Or.

Racingdad

Adventurer
Well hopefully sometime in the next year I will come up to Bend to test drive the Outback and then go to Deschutes Brewery for some Black Butte Anniversary Porter. Glad to hear about the dual cab 4x4 possibly coming over. I assume Mitsubishi will make some available for our market segment.

EarthCruiser

Adventurer
Michelle and I are selling our OutBack Demo.
2012 FUSO FG six speed auto.
Only ever taken to shows and a few test drives.
Bed never slept in toilet never used.
Super single wheels and EarthCruiser Kinetic mounting system already fitted.

This is a double slide camper - fully set up for US winter.

Way below replacement at $165,000 Neg.
We are just out space,
Call Lance on 503 688 3345 - 8 - 7 - Monday to Saturday PST please.
Email - lance@earthcruiserusa.com
OutBack ONE_5.jpgOutBack ONE_1.JPGOutBack ONE_2.jpgOutBack ONE_3.jpgOutBack ONE_4.jpg

EarthCruiser

Adventurer
In your OutBack you too could be here and ..........

A few happy snaps from an OutBack customer in an undisclosed location in North America.
driving along.jpgIn the snow.jpgwhite sands.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues