Overland Gourmet - New Expo Portal Supporting Vendor

OverlandGourmet

Hello everyone! Overland Gourmet has recently become a sponsor of Expedition Portal and we would like to introduce ourselves. Seeing as we focus solely on food we thought this would be a good place to do so.

For those of you that aren't familiar with Overland Gourmet, we were created last year to promote, educate, and inspire overlanders and adventure travelers to eat well in the outdoors. Our recipes, which you can find on our website, are usually gourmet dishes that have been modified for easy field prep and adapted to life on the trail. You might have seen our Rack of Lamb or Hard Cider Pork Chops in a recent issue of Overland Journal. Or perhaps you caught our incredible Grilled Stuff Mushrooms with Goat Cheese in Equipt's Sojournal newsletter?

On top of recipes, our online store focuses solely on everything you would need for your camp kitchen. From the tableware to cookware to clean up, we've got you covered. And as a forum sponsor, we feel as though it is important to give back to the Expo and overlanding community at large. If you have an event coming up and need a raffle prize or donation? Send us an email and let us know how we can help!

The final component to Overland Gourmet is our events and trips. The best example of this is the upcoming Dinner in the Desert Culinary Expedition with No Limit Expeditions. This post Expo trip departs from Amado and we'll spend three days exploring beautiful southern Arizona while relaxing in the evenings at base camp sipping sundowners and enjoying a three course gourmet meal! This coming Friday we'll be doing gourmet appetizers for 50 at an event hosted for a local congressman. Have gourmet, will travel!

Okay ... I know ... you're saying all of this is nice, but who are these guys anyway? Well, we figure the best way to show is you right from the Expo community itself! Read about Overland Gourmet and who we are in the following threads: 24 Hours of Old Pueblo, Overland Rally Holister, SoCal Desert Rendezvous, SoCal Desert Rendezvous Recap. Or better yet? Come on by and say hello at the Overland Expo! Not only will be a featured exhibitor, but we'll be teaching classes on cooking in the outdoors as well as just enjoying some flavorful treats off the grill throughout the day. There is always an open chair at our table. If you can't make it to Overland Expo, look for us at the Washington and California Overland Rally events later this year.

Thank you all for your time and we look forward to meeting you at upcoming events. If you have any questions, feel free to send us a PM or email at the contact information below in our signature.

We'll be posting equipment specials and product news in the For Sale section of Expo so stay tuned for more information!

Safe travels and eat well!

Cheers,

Zach and Jonathan

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
There are some great vendors on this forum and I've met and/or done business with most of them. IMHO, Overland Gourmet is the best of the best. Over the course of several trips, Zach and Jonathan turned me from a skeptic to a true believer in the value of the high quality products they sell. My wife and I always enjoy cooking at camp. Thanks to a few pieces of new gear and some cooking tips from OG we've seen our meals rise to a whole new level of tasty goodness. I can't recommend these guys highly enough.

Congrats on your growing business and keep up the good work!

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
These guys are All That and my impression and experience at Hollister Hills was the same as TACODOC's. When I got home and wrote a few blog posts about the rally, Overland Gourmet had to be mentioned in each post. In fact my first post seems to be all about Overland Gourmet :sombrero:

http://www.roadtraveler.net

Though possibly the most telling words are linked here:

....We had a good time at the first annual Hollister Hills Overland Rally and hope to join the festivities again in 2011. But wait there's more!

Several days after returning home I'm was giving Betsy a hug and she asked me the following questions:

Who's your favorite traveling companion?
Who's your favorite passenger?
Who's your favorite camp cook?

I dutifully said, “you are dear” to each. But when I answered the last question she blurted out, “I am not, Overland Gourmet is!” We had a big laugh over this truism.

Last edited:

trump

Adventurist
I was also amazed at how OVG operated at 2011 SoCal Desert Rendezvous. I started feeling grossly unskilled in the camp kitchen as I was digging pre-prepared food out of my fridge and simply heating it up on the stove. Inspiring service they provided us that weekend that has me rethinking my camp menu. Fortunately I left enough room for plenty of beer to give in trade. I'm looking forward to getting more ideas and eating more of your creations.:chef:

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Two Thumbs Up! Overland Gourmet is all about the Experience!

DSC_8972.jpg

Hollister Hills Overland Rally 2010
DSC_2709.jpg

SoCal Desert Rendezvous 2011

OverlandGourmet

Wow!

Thanks to everyone for the kind words! That really means a lot to us. In fact, it is the reason we do what we do - the people. Our whole goal from day one has been about helping you: the traveler, the overlander, the weekender, the dual sport rider, and the average joe or jane that likes to eat well and spend time in the great outdoors. If you've been to any of the events so far, you know that we're the "unofficial overlanding hospitality committee" and that we want everyone to have a great time.

We forgot to mention in our introduction that we have a Facebook page and that we tweet as well. The Facebook page features Overland Gourmet news, up to date events schedule, recipes, and even giveaways and contests! We just gave away a set of one of our favorite items for relaxing at camp - the Govino shatterproof and go anywhere wine glasses! Be careful if you buy a set though. Keep an eye on your fellow travelers because these will easily disappear once they use them and see for themselves how great they are.

Have a great Friday everyone! Tonight we're off to an event for 50 featuring some items cooked on the Snow Peak Iron Grill Table: Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms with Goat Cheese, Italian Herbs and a Balsamic Reduction, Grilled Stuffed Baby Peppers with Spinach, Artichoke Hearts and Parmesan Cheese, Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies with Brown Sugar Glaze, and fresh baked bread and assorted dipping sauces including NoMO's Pistachio and Black Pepper Dukkah - it should be incredible!

Anybody headed out this weekend? What do your meal plans include?

Congrats, guys! Very happy for you.

You'll be hearing from me very soon about our two rallies this year: the "Rolling Rally" in May and our big one, the CO Summit, coming in Oct. We'd love to have some O'land Gourmet presence in this part of the world! :chef:

Be on the lookout for the CO booth next weekend at OX11. Mr. Leary (My partner, Mike) will be there to chat more. (Sad I cannot make it. Grrr, Army duty!)

Again, congrats. All the best!

OverlandGourmet

Thanks for the heads up on the 'CO' booth! We'll definitely stop by and say hello at Expo. We have quite a few events planned for Overland Gourmet as we spread the food and cooking gear love to campers nationwide. It is our hope that we'll be able to participate in your events as well as learn a thing or two about some "home cookin" from that part of the country.

The Overland Expo prep continues ...

We just got our first shipment of Joby GorillaTorch lights - perfect for any camp kitchen. You can keep both hands free for cooking and prep work while making sure you have plenty of great light. We can't wait to play with the Switchback this weekend. Someone was really thinking when they combined a lantern and headlamp into a single item!

We'll also debut our Snow Peak Iron Grill Table (IGT) Kits. We took the guesswork out of selecting your IGT and made the process simple. There will be a couple turn-key setups available and we'll be offering free shipping on them as well. Not going to Overland Expo this year? No worries! We'll post the same specials here on Expo to make sure everyone gets in on the action.

Have a great week and we'll be updating live from Overland Expo!

Don't forget ... Scotch and Cigars on Saturday night at Expo! Bring a friend!

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
Just wanted to thank the overland gourmet crew for the great job at the expo. Their generous and well prepared food displays made the expo even more a pleasure. I recommend any purchases you can throw their way as im sure the level of customer service will certainly follow the demonstrations at the show.

James and Stacey

OverlandGourmet

This morning we just announced the next event we're headed to ... SyncroFest 2011!

Overland Gourmet will be hanging out with all the VWs for some off roading, camping, and of course - grilling!

Feed 100+ people carne asada and al pastor tacos on a couple Snow Peak Iron Grill Tables? You betcha!

We'll keep you posted and most importantly ... we'll post all the food and cooking gear photos you can handle.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Granite

They Rock!

I was lucky enough to hook up with Zach and Jonathan for the Dinner in the Desert gig. After seeing and hanging out with these guys at the Expo and sampling their excellent grill skills I knew the Din in the Desert was going to be killer. They did not disappoint.

Kudos to you guys for a great time. I look forward to more of the same.

It also didn't suck to see these guys digging all the Snow Peak gear. I happen to work with Snow Peak as a sales rep and to see these guys getting after it with all the gear I know and use all the time was a huge bonus. Keep up the great work. :coffeedrink:

Regards,

Steve Copeland

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater