Overland Journal Trailer Comparison

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
UK4X4 said:
Nice piccies.......where's my summer issue....when did your arrive ?

Paul

I think they did an address change and sent it on to Oman :sombrero:

ExpoMike

TheGillz said:
I think its a requirement that any other participants post their pics here as well!

I agree. We had the following, that I know their screen names,

elcoyote
BajaTaco
Andrew Walcker
SOAZ
expeditionswest

A couple others but I don't know their screen names.

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
"Paul

I think they did an address change and sent it on to Oman "

Dam that was fast....excellent service as normal........wonder where they sent it

I have'nt set up my tent po box yet , or know which oasis has space

:safari-rig: :tent:

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Probably General Delivery. Should be well broken in by the time you get there.
:)

Mine came today, haven't had time to absorb any of it, yet.

Colorado Ron

Explorer
Just finished the article. Why no kimberly Kamper or Conquerer? These are some of the best in the business. Was a lil dissapointed not to see these. Great article other than that.

Honu

lost on the mainland
they could have used my conqueror :) and then brought the other two compacts along :)

my only thought would be they wanted current models that one can buy that are still made imported here into the US ?
there are still compacts left but no more and Kimberly is not importing any more ?

still would have been a fun sideline :) ahhh maybe for a sideline article soon
there are at least 3 conquerors in AZ :) and one Kimberly

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Colorado Ron said:
Just finished the article. Why no kimberly Kamper or Conquerer? These are some of the best in the business. Was a lil dissapointed not to see these. Great article other than that.

We talked about including my KK in the comparison. Since they are not currently being imported to the US they are not generaly available on the US market. I think the intent of the article was to compare trailers that could be easily purchased in the US.

I'm always open to a test though. Let out a yell and we'll drag it out somewhere for a test. :sombrero:

TheGillz

Explorer
For that matter, you could get Rezarf and I to bring along our custom builts. Do a "hard to find/custom" comparo.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
robert j. yates said:
The Campa is certainly very cool and I enjoyed reading about it but the review really did not speak much to how it towed with either the Campa Jeep or the JK that was on hand and that to me was a fundemental issue when I was considering a trailer.

I was very conscious that the Horizon weighed more than the Chaser but I liked the amenities of the Horizon better for what I wanted to do with a trailer. What I didn't expect was that the additional weight of the Horizon would be so noticable on the performance of my Jeep. I love my Horizon but it is IMO, to heavy for a Jeep and from what I can tell, it also has the same effect on Andrews D90. I can only imagine the 1000 plus pounds of additional weight that a Campa would add to the equation.

I know that Campas' Jeep is supercharged and frankly, my 4.0 is also heavily modfied but still.....3000 or so lbs is alot of weight for a SWB vehicle IMO. The review to me, would have been more heplful if that subject was addressed in a more insightful way. Otherwise, great read as was the whole magazine.

The Campa pulls good behind my 4cy taco. I had one strapped to the back when the factory hitch on Outsidrs Duramax broke. I hauled it From Bahia De Los Angeles to Yuma Alot of off road, city and Highway. I wish I had a little more motor for the highway given my truck and the trailer were fully loaded. I am convinced anything with a 6cyl will pull that campa like it's not even there. It is very well balance and the suspension rides very smooth over rough terrain even at speed.

Looking forward to getting my hands on the latest copy of O.J.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal