Paria Canyon via Buckskin Gulch May 29th to June 1st, 2010

clarkrw3

Observer
Yes Ceramic filters are best in such areas which can be easily cleared and cleaned paper ones are next to useless as everyone in our group found out on our last trip in there. GREAT pics and great area to explore!!

teotwaki

Excelsior!
For the Katadyn pump filter that we had we wrapped the inlet metal screen filter with a paper coffee filter. We tried that out in some spots where the river water had more silt and the coffee filter worked well and was easy to replace.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I think they were using bandanna as the prefilter on MSR Ceramic. It helped but still let in a lot of fine silt that required frequent cleaning. The river water was pretty churned up and muddy back in March.

The coffee filter is a good idea. :sombrero:

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I think they were using bandanna as the prefilter on MSR Ceramic. It helped but still let in a lot of fine silt that required frequent cleaning. The river water was pretty churned up and muddy back in March.

The coffee filter is a good idea. :sombrero:

Just this morning I threw my canyon shoes and neoprene socks in a bucket and turned the hose on them. I got more than a few tablespoons of silt left over from my trip. Your son must have had enough for a few sandbags that he washed out! :elkgrin:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Just this morning I threw my canyon shoes and neoprene socks in a bucket and turned the hose on them. I got more than a few tablespoons of silt left over from my trip. Your son must have had enough for a few sandbags that he washed out! :elkgrin:

Yea, and when I got with my trailer after driving the roads to Alstrom Point I hosed off the mud and my driveway look just like the Paria river. :elkgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal