Parts from Russia

CharlieNorth

I am glad the helical front diff is sitting in my shop ready to go in, Saddening to watch what is happening over there and for me being a life long aircraft person and one of the first Americans to spend hours alone in the AN-225 I am yearning for the truth of it's status. Personally I think it is still alive.

Montero_expert

Well I guess we won’t be getting any more Monty parts from Russia for a while.
It's a huge pain for everyone, my dad lives in Russia, and I recently tried to get some small interior parts from there and the package got stuck in Moscow, and went back, hopefully, the shipping will get better soon, but u never know...

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Here is a plea to not let this thread turn political. Expedition Portal is a global community and there are plenty of people in Russia that do not support the war and love overloading.

On a point regarding parts from Russia - If you are a guitar amp manufacturer, almost all the Tubes for tube amps come from Russia as they are almost the exclusive maker of tubes in the world.

Thanks for compliance.
DJ

WOODY2

Adventurer
Not wanting to go political but..... we are at war, the west including the USA and Canada are supporting the Ukraine.... thank god for that. If you own something that needs Russian parts my heart bleeds for you but flat out be a patriot, defend democracy and buckle down. ******** the Russians, we need the Ukraine to win this war.

My favorite pic from a year ago... a Ukrainian jet flying so low he picked up highway sign..... Russia will lose, time to quit worrying about parts fer yer RV.

View attachment 768835
Whoa call the Meter maids, I think he just took out a Handicapped sign.

CharlieNorth

I have quite a few parts here that I have bought from Eastern Russia. Their dealers have one of the best supply chains that I have found over the decades and the swaps I do need quite a few difficult to source parts. Not uncommon, in the past at lest to get less than a week shipping for far less money than most overseas sources. Plus the Russian parts source sites are in English. I look forward to working with them again.

CharlieNorth

Not sure about Iran but other countries in that region have Mitsu warehouses with no exportation restrictions to US. Been awhiles since I researched this and our world has truly changed as who we can do business with.

CharlieNorth

One note about Iran and the countries around there, I am very active in aviation and conduct youth training events. We work tightly with the ANG who provide demonstrations with HH60 and UH72 helicopters at my events. This summer will be tight for them to be active with us since all but a few of there helicopters are overseas now, Gulf region. But we are proud that one of our youth has just been recruited filling his wishes.

Ozarker

One note about Iran and the countries around there, I am very active in aviation and conduct youth training events. We work tightly with the ANG who provide demonstrations with HH60 and UH72 helicopters at my events. This summer will be tight for them to be active with us since all but a few of there helicopters are overseas now, Gulf region. But we are proud that one of our youth has just been recruited filling his wishes.
Is that to say you're training pilots, for who?
My group sends kids to the state police academy, so far, no Dirty Harry's.

Montero_expert

s
Might try another country Russia does business with, would Iran have auto parts?

Guess I'm lucky to own a Ford, a Jeep and a Honda M/trike.
Technically you can, thru Europe or somehow, need to figure the shipping thing, I know DHL still shipps it, I used it not too long ago, but man, it costed over 1k to get it shipped to WA from Russia

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3

Members online