Partsflyin's Mild 03 Frontier Build

partsflyin

Adventurer
I picked up one of those hitch mounted clevis' the other day. I liked it pretty well , but everything needs some kind of modification right ?
Did some tweaking.....
20140412-15.41.27.jpg

20140412-17.17.42.jpg

partsflyin

Adventurer
Finally got around to finish up wiring the power to the aux. use panel. This was all I was lacking to get the compressor up and running.

I picked up one of scoshe kits with some heavy gauge power wire and an inline fuse to run the power to the aux. fuse panel. Picked up power direct from the battery and went through the firewall and under the carpet ,
Anyway I was excited to try out the compressor. With power now to the compressor all I had to do was mount up the ARB Pump Up kit.

20140420-13.01.48.jpg

Gonna be great to have the piece of mind of having a reliable air source to air back up when I get back to the pavement.

partsflyin

Adventurer
A couple weeks ago I was out playing a little bit and starting noticing the rear tires making contact with the fender flares under full tuck. At one point the right rear must have contacted pretty good and pulled the flare loose from one of the mounting screws. I didn't want to risk completely ripping off a flare so I did a little creative trimming.
The contact was happening at the very front bottom of the flare and at the rear bottom of the flare. So here's what I came up with.
20140427-13.21.18.jpg

20140427-13.48.09.jpg

20140427-13.58.27.jpg

20140427-13.58.36.jpg

partsflyin

Adventurer
I needed to come up with a way to power my edgestar fridge while in the bed of the truck , so I picked up a aux. outlet from Blue Sea to mount in the bed.

Found a decent spot to mount it at the rear corner of the bed , picked up a hole saw to cut the hole.

20140427-14.29.55.jpg

The hole comes out into the recess behind the taillight which made the perfect place to cleanly hide the wiring.

20140427-15.02.29.jpg

20140427-16.50.39.jpg

20140427-16.55.26.jpg

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
Just started following your thread, and I know it's been said before, but that truck really does look great. All your installations are super clean, the modifications are aesthetically pleasing AND functional, and even those fender cuts look like they're factory.

Love this thing. Definitely subscribed to see future progress. Keep up the great work! :)

Oh, and those tires are fantastic. They've exceeded my expectations; more and more people are finding that they're a perfect all-around, wallet-friendly tire for DD / trail driving / snow.

partsflyin

Adventurer
Nice progress! Love your installs. You really do great work. That trim job is nice and I like the outlet.

Thanks !!

Just started following your thread, and I know it's been said before, but that truck really does look great. All your installations are super clean, the modifications are aesthetically pleasing AND functional, and even those fender cuts look like they're factory.

Love this thing. Definitely subscribed to see future progress. Keep up the great work! :)

Oh, and those tires are fantastic. They've exceeded my expectations; more and more people are finding that they're a perfect all-around, wallet-friendly tire for DD / trail driving / snow.

Thanks!!

FYI, I am OLD. I have butchered several trucks in my day. I have slowed down and become more patient with age. My truck doesn't hold a candle to most on this board but I put much thought to all my mods. I am pleased with the way my truck is evolving.
All the positive input here motivates me to do nicer work as well.
Thanks again guys I really appreciate the input !!

partsflyin

Adventurer
Some friends and I took a three day 40 mile canoe trip last weekend. I can't begin to share how much fun was had !! We shuttled gear and vehicles each morning to keep canoe loads to a minimum (small local river, not very deep). This allowed me to sleep in the truck each night. It worked out great !
My humble abode.
20140502-18.17.02.jpg

Lunch break.
20140503-15.14.32.jpg

Fantastic way to wake up.
20140504-06.49.35.jpg

partsflyin

Adventurer
Serviced the truck this week, so I decided I better rotate the tires today. I was VERY disappointed to find the reason for the recent list I had noticed in the trucks stance. AC 3 leaf , add a leaf pack is already ******t canned. Less than a year old.:violent-smiley-031:
20140511-16.04.03.jpg

Has anyone running AC stuff had this problem? Do they offer any warranty?

The other side is not nearly as pronounced but is definitely on its way out.

I am very unhappy. And will not be replacing with AC stuff. So lets hear it with some recomendations.

I have run Deavers in my crawler for years with zero problems and excellent performance. So I'll be checking with them first, but would love to hear what is working for others.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Old Man Emu MD leaf pack with 1.5" shackles or OME HD leaf pack. Nice ride, great load carrying abilities, and they're bulletproof. Definitely flexier and better quality than stock. Straight bolt in job.

partsflyin

Adventurer
Hey Diver how much lift did you net with that set up ? I reread your thread last night and found that you saw 1" from leaves but I missed the final height after addition of the shackles. Thanks for the input .
After a couple hours searching last night , I was coming to the conclusion that the OME setup was going to be my best bet. Just concerned that I wont get enough lift for my tire setup.
I suppose I could go with the OME leaf pack, shackles and a 1" block . I would much prefer to get by without a block though.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
OME has an add a leaf for their XJ leaf springs. Maybe there is an add an leaf they could supply for your application.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Hey Diver how much lift did you net with that set up ? I reread your thread last night and found that you saw 1" from leaves but I missed the final height after addition of the shackles. Thanks for the input .
After a couple hours searching last night , I was coming to the conclusion that the OME setup was going to be my best bet. Just concerned that I wont get enough lift for my tire setup.
I suppose I could go with the OME leaf pack, shackles and a 1" block . I would much prefer to get by without a block though.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I have OME MD leafs and 1.5" AC shackles. That setup got me 2.25" overall. I know Co-opski got 2.5" out of his HD OME packs.

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
I'll have to check what they settled out to. The HDs still ride ruff but they can hold a ton of weight. No problems with the leafs themselves but I may need to replace the bushings as they are getting old now and have 80k miles on them. I replace the Ranchos that I put on at the same time last spring with some Bilstiens and they did well through the winter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach