Past the point of no return...

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Sure hope we can find some 35's. :cool:

I have a set of 5-35" Maxxis Creepies with less than 500 miles on them just sitting here. I had them up for sale but nobody was interested so I kind of changed my mind. Yet, money talks.... ;)

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
Are you doing any type of quick disconnect anti-sway bar?
Its getting a Currie Anti-Rock sway bar installed as we speak. Since its not a ramp queen but an expo rig, it will not require feet of travel requiring the disconnects.
Why am I feeling warm and fuzzy on the inside.. :)
Blue sure was a couple hours ago, he was smiling like a teenage girl at a Jonas Brothers concert. I've never seen a grown man skip around the shop like that before... :wings:

DSCF5399.jpg

Evidently it was freezing in the shop today because our GM Cam couldnt stop shaking long enough to take a steady shot of the truck while we test fit the rims & tires. The back had to be raised up 4.5" to level the back. Hopefully the training wheels will be replaced with big boy tires soon...

DSCF5393.jpg

Wheelingnoob

Adventurer
I'm sure it just the angle of the picture but that y link looks really close to the sway bar. Looks like its going to be a big boy truck soon and fairly tall.

How do you guys like those TG housings?

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
I'm sure it just the angle of the picture but that y link looks really close to the sway bar. Looks like its going to be a big boy truck soon and fairly tall.

How do you guys like those TG housings?
When building a truck this small (keeping at minimum height so the fragile Tango doesnt fall out and break a hip :sombrero:) everything has much closer tolerances. This taco will have very crucial placement on bumpstops so every suspension component can play nicely together and not fight for space. Its still going to be near zero/zero in many spots, but it will work properly.

The TG housings have impressed the heck out of me, I wouldnt hesitate to use one on my next project (current project is a bit heavy for an 8" ring gear!)

Last edited:

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Bomber!! Love it!!

No way in hell could I talk my wife into that for our Tacoma.....

Tell your wife? What are you -- nuts? I told her they have it to change the transfer case oil... and it's really hard to get to and its cheaper than having the dealer do it. I've been travelling a lot lately so I told her there was no rush to get it back.

Now I have to figure how to keep her from noticing it in the garage... if I can get it in the garage. Then make up an excuse why she has to perform unnatural acts to get in it. Oh, man I don't think I thought this through very well. This is going to get ugly... very ugly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk