pathfinder Quadravan front end???

justcuz

Explorer
Hey I just searched Pathfinder vans here and found the thread "Boomer the Quadravan Camper", check out his suspension postings starting on page 3, I think you'll find them of interest.

spencyg

This Space For Rent
http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...sion-thoughts?highlight=pathfinder+suspension

Read through that thread to get you up to speed on a majority of the questions and concerns regarding Ford Pathfinder front suspensions.

As for spare parts, you're on your own. Gordon from Pathfinder Vans got in a really bad accident a couple years ago and lost the business as a result. I've attempted to contact him to try and take over his product lines but he is completely off the grid....for all I know he might have finally succumbed to his injuries. Aside from the piss-poor design of the pathfinder linkages, one of the big reasons I did my conversion is due to the lack of parts. The one aspect of the pathfinder suspension I didn't remove and modify was the trailing arms, and now those components are in bad need of refreshing. I'll likely be digging into that part of the system next spring as the arms are both far too loose now that the bushings at the axle and frame end are toast.

As for your hubs...pictures pictures pictures.

SG

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Im apparently not smart enough to figure out how to post pics. When I do, its just says failed. Grrrrr.....

You'll get better results if you upload them to a hosting site like imgur.com and then use the "Insert Image from URL" tab...

rex blackfire

P8080115_zps3l66mk7w.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Looks to be in awesome shape overall. You'll find that some of the axle components can be sourced from late 70's F250's....balljoints, possibly u-joints, axle shafts, and most of the bearings. The calipers for my rig are the same as yours....2 piston. My local NAPA had them and I believe they are just 2WD calipers of the same model and year as your stock rig. I haven't had to replace a rotor so I can't commend on the availability of those, but my first bet would be the F250 referenced above. As for bushings....good luck. In all honesty, the Pathfinder front end is such a terrible design that it really isn't worth trying to restore the stock setup. If you aren't ready to tackle a ton of fab work to convert to crossover steering and a track bar than I'd start looking into a leaf spring conversion.

SG

rex blackfire

All I wanna do for now, is replace the tie rod ends, then proceed from there. Ball joints and all are fine. Once that's done, I'm gonna build a simple track bar that attaches to the cross member, then figure out a sway bar setup. As it is, its not safe to take anywhere, and if I cant get that resolved I'll dump it. I have way to many rigs and toys to have one that's not usable, no matter how cool it "could" be.

rex blackfire

And for what its worth, I'm growing to despise the econoline message board. I cant get admin approval, and the last admin to be on the sight hasn't been for weeks. and of course, I cant contact them without approval.. UGH!!!

rex blackfire

I took a quick look at an early suburban front end last night, and the tierod looks just like mine, but flipped over and the hole where the stabilizer is on its left side is where my drag link mounts on my left side. I'm gonna go back and measure and look closer. I dont remember if the tierod was one piece with its left balljoint end or not.

rex blackfire

I need to get measurements for it, is there anything that would stop me from using this setup from a 78 79 f150? The eye for the drag link isn't at 90 deg from the tie rod end, but that could be adjusted out at the drag link adj. sleeve, yah??
7630_5484_popup.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal