Patriot Campers USA

ROA-OFFROAD

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Hello! We wanted to create a page for those who own or are interested in owning a patriot camper in the USA. Please post questions, reviews, concerns, thoughts, requests.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Those bikes are beasts. Probably 80-90 pounds each plus rack. I will second valid safety concerns. On that light of a trailer the tounge weight would have to be below 10%.

I have the beefiest bike rack know to man (Recon) on my van with 24 pound mnt bikes and I worry about bounce. And that's with light off roading not what ROA encourages.

If these guys are going to market thier trailers in this forum that's great as they do add helpful information to folks who buy the rigs they carry but maybe they should respond to your points with something other then a millennial type emoji ??

ROA-OFFROAD

Cool. Valid safety concern and @ROA-OFFROAD reacts with laughter. Kinda cements what I've been seeing on the various other offroad trailer discussion groups.

Guys....this is the owners rig. He simply moved the bikes from his tow vehicle over to the trailer of his own accord.

I have done nothing with those bike racks and am not familiar with their capacity. That was the owners decision. I simply took a picture of his rig and shared it because he has a great set up. People come in every day with unique set ups and custom work done.

ROA-OFFROAD

if you showed up with a bike rack on the back of your truck, I would assume that it works and that the owner did enough research to confirm its capacity. If I had concerns about it adding sway to the trailer I would have brought that up, but the patriots are very sturdy and tow extremely well.

ROA-OFFROAD

Patriot X3 in silver. It’s the only unit from patriot that you can get in silver which is pretty cool.

l would love to see mods and things you have done with your x3. Please share.
6AC89FFF-5E55-4661-AB9D-99845179E038.jpeg

if you showed up with a bike rack on the back of your truck, I would assume that it works and that the owner did enough research to confirm its capacity. If I had concerns about it adding sway to the trailer I would have brought that up, but the patriots are very sturdy and tow extremely well.

I hear you that you don't have control of what your customers do with thier rigs. I just think Louis thought you were laughing at him.

FYI- those hitch racks have more movement when they are behind a trailer with the additional fulcrum point

ROA-OFFROAD

I hear you that you don't have control of what your customers do with thier rigs. I just think Louis thought you were laughing at him.

FYI- those hitch racks have more movement when they are behind a trailer with the additional fulcrum point

ahh I see. Well, I certainly apologize. I think the comment was great and certainly something that would be very wise to watch out for.

ROA-OFFROAD

I was even more impressed that he was able to zoom in enough to see the brand of the hitch lol.

Louisd75

Adventurer
I was even more impressed that he was able to zoom in enough to see the brand of the hitch lol.

Seeing the rack on the trailer is what piqued my curiosity... the vast majority of rack manufacturers are clear that they are NOT rated for being on the back of a trailer or RV. Hollywood does make one that they say is suitable for the back of an RV or a 5th wheel style trailer, but not a single axle trailer. I was wondering if I'd missed one while looking around for one to go on my trailer. The reason has to do with the amount of movement that the back of a trailer can experience compared to the back of a regular vehicle, it tends to cause the racks to fail. I wound up making a custom rack to work on the back of my teardrop after realizing that I wasn't finding what I wanted.

X1n is 1,830 lbs dry and 3,500 pounds gvw.

On paper your Rubi has a towing capacity of 3,500 pounds. I believe at most your gcwr is 8,200 pounds. ( check in your owners manual). I believe the dry weight stock is 4,200 pounds. Add up all your upgrades and accessories. Then add up your gear and how many folks you will be camping with. Then add 300 pounds for tounge weight. My guess is your right at capacity if you don't max out the trailer cargo. If you do then technically you are likely a bit over. Probably tow fine as a lot of folks with tricked out jeeps exceed thier gcwr. Your insurance could deny a claim if your over but chances are that won't happen.

For example I the picture of the Jeep above loaded with water tank full and two+ people in the Jeep is very likely over its GCWR!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven