Patriot Campers USA

OverlandRich

I have been considering a patriot for a while now. My concern is wet pack ups. We have travelled for over a month in Canada and it rained nearly every day. When you pack that thing up I assume the entire bed and bedding get doused by the wet canvas not to mention multiple wet pack ups might start to create a mold problem. Probably not much of an issue with the climate in most of australia but would be here. What has been your experience with that?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

I have been considering a patriot for a while now. My concern is wet pack ups. We have travelled for over a month in Canada and it rained nearly every day. When you pack that thing up I assume the entire bed and bedding get doused by the wet canvas not to mention multiple wet pack ups might start to create a mold problem. Probably not much of an issue with the climate in most of australia but would be here. What has been your experience with that?

Our mattress or bedding never got soaked after numerous wet and muddy pack-ups in our x1. But I will say, packing up in downpours, muddy conditions or freezing cold became too much hassle, arguments between the wife and I, and having to air it out at the house with a yard that is severely sloped, that I removed the x1 bed & tent frame, mattress and tent itself and converted it into a essentially a X1N and installed a ikamper 3.0 that I can set up & teardown in a matter of minutes without the wife’s assistance.

OverlandRich

Our mattress or bedding never got soaked after numerous wet and muddy pack-ups in our x1. But I will say, packing up in downpours, muddy conditions or freezing cold became too much hassle, arguments between the wife and I, and having to air it out at the house with a yard that is severely sloped, that I removed the x1 bed & tent frame, mattress and tent itself and converted it into a essentially a X1N and installed a ikamper 3.0 that I can set up & teardown in a matter of minutes without the wife’s assistance.

Glad to hear the bed didn't get soaked. Yeah if we didn't have kids I'd be going the x1N all the way. But I'm traveling with the wife, the dog and two young kids so I think the x1 makes the most sense. How was the weight of the thing for setting up and packing up. I have a bad back and shoulders from a lot of old rafting and climbing injuries and I have seen other people saying their wives really couldn't set it up and pack it down by themselves?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven