Pause overland trailer

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Raspy one last comment:

After all the knowledge and wisdom you have provided for IO in your FB group which likely has help sell many units you would think they would treat you with more respect.

Raspy

Raspy one last comment:

After all the knowledge and wisdom you have provided for IO in your FB group which likely has help sell many units you would think they would treat you with more respect.
ROA is a wonderful company and I work well with them, but I am not affiliated with them. I don't work with IO directly in any way. I see them through the eyes and experiences of others. I see the responses others get. I look carefully at the trailers and evaluate the problems to look for solutions. Some problems have relatively easy solutions, others are too much to realistically consider a simple fix. Some should be fixed by IO as a matter of principle. Some are too big for IO to fix. IO reveals who they are during the interaction with others and I notice these interactions. I am not interested in bashing anyone or trolling or causing any problems of any kind, but I don't want others to go in blindly and get burned. These trailers are supposed to be fun, be therapeutic, be renewing, good for the soul. They are not cheap and must be made well while being backed by reputable dealers and manufacturers. If not, they are just a huge frustration and their value is less than zero.

Raspy

Definitely not a Ozark thing but a crazy aussie thing. Wonder if this is were ROA got the idea of beating the sheet out of thier trailers 😉
I love that video. Look at how they stay on the throttle as long as there is any forward movement in the sand. They don't bury themselves, but they don't give up. In the rocks, they take advantage of momentum. Not speeding, but not stopping. This is the key to getting through. On long uphill sandy runs, it's balls out, wide open and getting a good run at it. The perfect approach. Notice too, the Land Cruiser is not overpowered, but adequately powered. Now, look at the ROA videos. They are interested in showing wheel travel, tilt angle, departure angles, etc. Notice how they come up against a rock and stop, then try to drive over it. That is a totally different technique that is not about getting through, so much as showing off the trailer. Over on The Facebook group Caravan Specialties, there is a video of me pulling my HQ 19 up the stair steps at Seven Mile Ridge in Moab. I was with a group from ROA when I did that. They were surprised how well my Ram did. I told them about momentum, not speed, and to keep going without stopping, but they didn't seem to get it and their interest is not so much making it, as making it look difficult and showing wheel travel and clearance. The Gall Boys demonstrate well how to actually get through and they are very good at it. Notice too, the trailer suspension seems like nothing special. I contend that long travel suspension is not necessary in most situations. Excellent damping is very important on rough surfaces or washboard, but for slow work, ground clearance is more important than travel. It's more imporrtant for the truck tires to stay in contact with the ground, than the trailer wheels, because the truck is pulling the trailer and needs traction. My Oliver, for instance, only had two inches of travel and useless shocks, but I was able to work it deep into the back country and out into the desert by just going slow and being careful. The videos are fun to watch. If you look at my Moab run, go to Caravan Specialties and scroll through several pages to find it. A white Ram towing an HQ19.

Risar

The Pause is heavy and the wheels are outside the body, which I don't personally like. Look at the Reboot too, before deciding. It has a slightly wider body, can be built in different interior configurations and is a bit lower price.

Heavy ain't the word. They have a 16ft box model with 900lb hitch weight. Who exactly do they think wants to use a 2/3500 to tow a 16ft box?

Raspy

I picked up my new Reboot at the factory in Ligonier, Indiana. Air suspension with over 11" of travel, 12 gallon air tank with quick connects at the wheels, Victron 3000 watt inverter/charger, 800 watts on the roof and 600 watts in two portable panels, aluminum frame, excellent wall construction, queen north/south bed, Garmin tablet controls the systems, Truma Aventa AC, Truma AquaGo hot water, large compressor fridge/freezer, 65 gallons of fresh water. I've already installed a Separett "Tiny" waterless toilet. While there I had a chance to tour the Pause/Reboot factory, the plant that builds the walls and roof, and Morryde that builds the frames, the suspension and the hitch. Got back to Nevada then headed to Utah for the ROA Campout. I'm thrilled with this trailer.

Attachments

• Reboot 5.png
    Reboot 5.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 16
  • Heading home.png
    Heading home.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 16

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3