Peg Hammer Options?

rnArmy

Adventurer
It can be very hard to put drive stakes into a campsite pad that consists of a deep layer of stones covered with a thin layer of soil. I like this:
It's 3 tools in one: hammer, stake puller, and digger. The digger is effective for removing stones. I keep this tool in my car to break the window in an emergency.
That one linked above looks like it has two rivets holding the hammer's head inside a thin aluminum tube. I can see that breaking there the first time you really get into it hammering.

The Snow Peak one looks nice, but way too expensive for me for the rare times I'd be using it. I'll stick with my rubber mallet from Harbor Freight.

WOODY2

Adventurer
Estwing framing claw hammer. You can hammer, dig, pry and open beverage bottles. Also great for night time intruders.

TwinStick

Explorer
What I did:

I simply got tired of not having a heavy duty dedicated hammer/puller, so I easily made my own. I bought a wooden handle 3 lb mini sledge hammer, a hd eye bolt with lag screw type threads, drilled a hole slightly smaller in bottom of handle and screwed it in. It is slightly larger than 1/4" shank eye bolt. Also bent the eye open to a hook. It has never failed or bent & if you really need to give something the beans, it really delivers. Lol, I have had it for about 40 years. It is also used on the regular in the garage.

PlacidWaters

Adventurer
That one linked above looks like it has two rivets holding the hammer's head inside a thin aluminum tube. I can see that breaking there the first time you really get into it hammering.
The Snow Peak one looks nice, but way too expensive for me for the rare times I'd be using it. I'll stick with my rubber mallet from Harbor Freight.

I've had the hammer I linked for several years. It has held up very well. I bought it based on the great reviews and have not been disappointed.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I’ve got the Vaughan riggers axe thing that lives in the truck tool box next to the Mapp torch because bushcraft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater